Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truetone CS7 gave up on me

Both 500 ma ports of it died yesterday.

I counted the I had there connected/ in use and shouldn't been even close to max...

500 ma EHX Holy Grail
    200 ma EHX POG
    200 ma EHX 720
    900 ma

50 ma EHX Big Muff
    50 ma SD Vapor Trail
    200 ma EHX Worm
    50 ma Rocktron HUSH X2
    350 ma

1250 ma

I gues I just gave to get new one. Considering CS7 lasted barely two years, I'm bit vary of them now...
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Contact them directly. Tell them the situation. They just might take care of it for you.

Comment

Yeah, definitely get in touch with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there a max amperage for each “section”? I thought I read about that. I can’t find it in the manual now.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

If they don't help you out directly (they should), consider other options.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure it's past dealers warranty and I'm not going to ship it to US on my own expense... You think they might look to it?
            "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"

Comment

Doesn't hurt to ask.

Comment

My guess is the regulator ICs or smd fuses of those ports died. Serviceable by a tech but tedious by oneself if new to smd solder job.

Contact truetone support, these have lifetime warranty but I think it requires shipping it to them. International shipping can be a PITA

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210106_040541.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	335.7 KB
ID:	6045668Thanks Hank! That seems hopeful. I checked isides and it seems it took a heat for whatever reason...

Comment

I have a Decibel 11 Hot Stone Deluxe I love it.
                    • 8 Isolated outputs – no hum or interaction between pedals
                    • 10 total available outlets – all can be used simultaneously
                    • Toroidal transformer with additional magnetic shielding – no stray magnetic fields
                    • Short circuit protection on all outputs – cable shorts won’t harm outputs
                    • 2 High Power, 400mA sections at 9V and 12VDC – capable of powering Eventide, Strymon, TC Electronic Nova, Line 6 modelers (4 button) and more
                    • 2 Mid Power, 200mA outputs at 9V or 12VDC – powers Line 6 modelers (4 button), Boss Twin and more
                    • 2 Variable voltage outputs to simulate used carbon batteries – get “brown” sound transistor fuzz
                    • Combine outputs for 18V or 24VDC* – or powering MXR Flanger or EHX Deluxe Memory Man
                    • Input Voltage Selector Switch – for 120V or 230V operation
                    • Heavy-duty chassis with 2mm steel – built like a tank
                    • All outputs capable of meeting full rated currents simultaneously without ripple – 1600mA total
                    • 5-year warranty
                    https://decibel11.com/product/hot-st...-power-supply/

Comment

Sounds great, though hard to come by in Europe. Thanks for suggestion.

If I have to get new one, I'm currently steering towards Carl Martin pro power V2

Multi Power Supply Output 1-6: 9 V DC with 150mA or 12VDC with 150 mA, Output 7-8: 9 V DC 350 mA or 12 V DC with 300 mA, Max. output: 1600 mA, Electrically isolated outputs, Dimensions: 173 x 90 x 45 mm, Weight: 1.5 kg, Incl. voltage doubling cable...

Seems really good for the price...

What do you think?

Comment

So, an update on this. 3 year warranty CS7 had on Thomann expired 4 of january, or something like that... Anyway 2-5 days before I contacted the due to holidays

Well, they were kind enough to follow it anyway, so I posted it to Burcheb... Bur... Germany.

Got a text message today that I have a package coming my way. So I guess they'll sending me new one, or fixed it!

Unless they're sending the broken one back, but hopefully not

Comment

Working...
                        X