Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll! What's your favorite pedal footswitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll! What's your favorite pedal footswitch?

I was looking at my new pedals and realized that every one of them has a round footswitch. Some of them are soft spring-loaded, while most of them are the clicky kind. What do you prefer? Bonus points for switches that aren't listed on the poll.
    Hard clicky round footswitch
    28.57%
    Soft momentary round footswitch
    33.33%
    BOSS
    42.86%
    Series 9 (Ibanez TS9, etc.)
    9.52%
    Ibanez TS808
    0%
    Other
    14.29%
    It truly is all about the eyebrows.

Overall, Boss system is the best for on/off -latching playing live.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Have pedals that have both hard and soft, soft seems to activate easier but time will be the real tell tale part
      1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
      Jackson Soloist 7 string
      ESP LTD M-400
      Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

The BOSS design is my favorite.

Comment

I've never had a problem with a BOSS footswitch, and it integrates well with what is just about my favorite design for battery compartment access.

Comment

Live, I like the hard clicky ones, except for tap tempo, where I like the soft ones. At home or in the studio, it doesn't matter.
            Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

Other than BOSS, Visual Sound has the best I've experienced. They're larger and rounded (easy to hit with the foot, whether shoes, sandals, whatever) with a positive latch and no audible click.

Comment

Boss is ok, but they seem to wear quicker than a nice post switch.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Now that the 3PDT stomp switches are being made of questionable quality, I really like the soft switches that can switch a relay or FET. After getting a few of the new (like 3
                  years ago now) Wamplers, I wish they all had that style bypass. My least favorite are the knockoff boss ones, like on the 7 series Ibanez, etc. Little micro switches that don’t live up to the quality of the Boss ones. At least with the stomp ones you can usually replace them yourself.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I prefer the stiff feel and silence of the Maxon 9-series, but you have to be more accurate with your foot, and they are a bit tough on the foot in socks or bare.

Boss got it right for live playing.
                    You can practically hit them on the run from any angle, and you hardly ever think you got it but didn't lol. (happens on the 9-series now and then)
                    Best of all I like how you can leave a Boss stuck to the board and still get to the battery if needed.

The carling true-bypass switches on my older vfe pedals are much different than the soft rounds on an od808 or the clickers on mxr.
                    Anyone else have those style? They are very strong and tight but also smooth and quiet. They feel very very high quality but you need shoes on with them.

Also Boss has the best for tap-tempo in those little plastic remote add-on switches. Those make getting the tempo perfect a much quicker task.
                    Last edited by dave74; 12-31-2020, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I also like the Maxon 9-Series. You can duff a switching if you’re not paying attention, but for the most part it’s a very positive feel.

Comment

Originally posted by TMD View Post
                        I also like the Maxon 9-Series. You can duff a switching if you’re not paying attention, but for the most part it’s a very positive feel.
                        Yeah as long as you are in front of them they are great, but trying to to hit them from an angle or while stepping over to the second row can be harder.

Comment

I like the BOSS style. I use chorus and flange together sometimes, with the BOSS you can put the pedals side by side and hit them at the same time.

| Gear Reviews | Beer | Babes | The Internet's Only Unedited & Uncensored Musician's Forum | Sports |

Comment

I like Boss-style but I chose "other" because I used a DOD eq pedal for at least a decade and always liked that switch because it was bullet proof. Our bass player was a [email protected]$$ who accidentally stomped all over my pedals a couple times with no damage to either, but the DOD took a much lighter tap to turn on and off.
                            I have read they can get flaky but mine still worked fine when I sold it after owning it for 20 years.

Comment

The ones Visual Sound (TrueTone?) use (at least on their V2 series) were awesome. Silent, perfect response under foot, just great. Head and shoulders above anything else I’ve used.
                              Last edited by misterwhizzy; 12-31-2020, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X