banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How should I sell Rack Mount Road Cases or big ticket equipment that is cumbersome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should I sell Rack Mount Road Cases or big ticket equipment that is cumbersome?

I know plenty of ways to possibly accomplish this -sell to working/touring bands, or backline and production companies, Craigslist etc etc.

But nobody is touring now or buying and I want rid of a bunch of road cases.

I already gave away several to some bands waiting like Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now for an upcoming mission and threw away 3 more at the city dump -but I still have some nice ATA flight cases with internal shock mount systems that are worth something.

But I want to know what way you think is best way to sell big music things and why in your experience -this could be for other big ticket gear that is cumbersome.

Give me some factors in your decision I may not have considered.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Great question. I have a huge combo, a head/cab and a Rhodes I’m thinking of selling. At least I’m in Chicago so there’s a big market for music stuff.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

If it's worth something, I would put up for sale/auction for the price that is fair and just wait as long as it takes.
      If I need to price it to move, then I'll just have to take the hit and sell low.

Comment

How many rack units do these cases hold?
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Yogi Berra was correct.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I have many roadcases for sale now too, some with mixers, etc. It is a bad time to sell these things unless you want to take a big loss.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            I have many roadcases for sale now too, some with mixers, etc. It is a bad time to sell these things unless you want to take a big loss.
            Everyone is trying to unload everything. I was trying to sell some golf gear, looks like I am going to have to put the stuff at the end of the driveway with a FREE sign.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
              How many rack units do these cases hold?
              Ive got a 24 RU one, I've got an 18RU one the flips open on top to make a computer and monitor station too, I've got a 12RU one that is deep for heavy amplifiers, I've got a 20 RU one that's lid turn into a work table.

and a few others.

Oh yeah, the big boy. I've got one that is 7 ft tall and 5 ft deep and 5ft wide with a ramp the comes down to load and unload -its the size of a regular walk in closet inside. -Used it as.a on set equipment lock up when doing television production.
              Last edited by NegativeEase; 12-31-2020, 05:59 PM.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Ive got a 24 RU one, I've got an 18RU one the flips open on top to make a computer and monitor station too, I've got a 12RU one that is deep for heavy amplifiers, I've got a 20 RU one that's lid turn into a work table.

and a few others.

Oh yeah, the big boy. I've got one that is 7 ft tall and 5 ft deep and 5ft wide with a ramp the comes down to load and unload -its the size of a regular walk in closet inside. -Used it as.a on set equipment lock up when doing television production.
                Crazy stuff. Too big for my uses.

I would just put it on Reverb at very fair prices. If any mid-level touring acts are looking for used gear, they will likely look there. I realize shows are nixed for now, but I'll bet folks are still shopping.
                Originally posted by LesStrat
                Yogi Berra was correct.
                Originally posted by JOLLY
                I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Sorry they're worthless atm
                  "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
                    Sorry they're worthless atm
                    Yeah, I waited too long...

Hopefully a touring blast will come soon.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Yeah, I waited too long...

Hopefully a touring blast will come soon.
                      Hopefully for all of us live music comes back soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X