Looking for a very specific reverb sound in a pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMD
    Yeah, I was going to say Topanga. I have a Hall of Fame, and I still bought the Catalinbread pedal.
    How do you find the Topanga vs a blackface style amp 'verb? I know it's supposed to be based off of the old fender outboard units, but it seems to be able to sound pretty close in the demos I've been listening to.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by TMD

It’s probably not a fair comparison, as it’s been a number of years since I had my Deluxe Reverb reissue. That said, I find the Topanga very satisfying. Just be sure to put it in front of the amp and not in the effects loop.
      Why front of amp?

Reverb is something I'd want to be putting at the end of my effects chain and in the loop.

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Source Audio Ventris
        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
          Source Audio Ventris
          OMG . . . this one sounds great!

Comment

Free the Tone Ambi Space Reverb is also fantastic.
            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

If you are looking for a deeper dive pedal that does the standards as well as the weird and everything in between...Empress Reverb.

Comment

The Orion Reverb has real springs in the stompbox (but I never tried it).
                I would also say Topanga. It was made for that.
                Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                  Source Audio Ventris
                  The ventris has the best sounding spring reverb that I've heard in a pedal so far . . . it's got that drippy sound that I don't hear in a lot of other pedals. I want a cheaper version with just the spring algorithm though. :P

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

The ventris has the best sounding spring reverb that I've heard in a pedal so far . . . it's got that drippy sound that I don't hear in a lot of other pedals. I want a cheaper version with just the spring algorithm though. :P
                    Source Audio True Spring...

If you find a pedal that has the sound you want, I would go for it, but that is me. Check out the True Spring and see if it works for you.

Comment

If you want Blackface (reverb & trem at least) in a box, it's hard to go wrong with a Strymon Flint. I run one in the loop of an Egnater Tweaker all the time, and you'd have a hard time telling that it isn't a Blackface Deluxe when the amp's EQ'd right.

The only downside IMO is that they're pretty expensive.
                      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

grab a drink, get comfy, and check them all out!

Quality riffs in about a minute...
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Working...
                        X