Looking for a very specific reverb sound in a pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a very specific reverb sound in a pedal

Is there a pedal that will get me this exact spring reverb sound?

I've tried several out now and they get in the ballpark but not quite as drippy/warm/deep/sproingy sounding.

Hall of Fame sounds fine on most settings, but doesn't seem to do spring as well as I'd like. The Boss RV-5 was total garbage on the spring setting, but I haven't tried an RV-6. Biyang tri-verb was not good. What pedals should I be looking at?
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

the eh oceans 11 has a pretty good spring reverb on it.
    Quality riffs in about a minute...
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Comment

FRV1 is a classic, but the prices are through the roof these days! for that money you might as well get a surfy bear reverb tank pedal!

Comment

Comment

I’ve never heard a spring reverb emulation sound like a real spring reverb. If you really want spring, there are things like the Carl Martin, SurfyBear and Anasounds that have a real spring tank inside. The old Danelectro Spring King apparently has one but I’m not sure how it sounds. Of course the old Fender amp top box would be killer....

i think the Holy Grail does a decent job for the emulations.
            Last edited by PFDarkside; 01-02-2021, 05:45 PM.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Celine Snake Bite may get you there

EHD
              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Thanks for the responses all.

The FRV certainly doesn't sound bad, although as mentioned prices are stupid for them! I'm not hearing exactly the same reverb sound as in the video clip I posted (which I think was recorded with amp 'verb - not a fender outboard unit). The Oceans 11 isn't bad either, but I can definitely hear something that is less clear and less bouncy than the fender unit being compared against . . . especially with the longer trails. In a similar vein, I was checking out some vids of the catalinbread topanga which sounds a little closer to my ears.

The snake bite doesn't sound at all like a spring reverb in that demo. Does nice hall settings (with what sounds like some sort of slight modulation on the trails). Am I missing something?

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

The digital convolution reverb in the new Tone Master series of Fender amps has the spring reverb sound *down*. I'd never know it wasn't real springs unless I kicked the amp.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm thinking knowing how to mix a track is more important here. The verb sound was nothing amazeballs to me.

Get an HOF and tweek it out with the editor.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I was hearing modulation on the intro
                      my bad

EHD
                      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

yeah i guess i shoul've asked...are you talking about the reverb on the guitar throughout the track, or that wash of reverb in the beginning? because you'd probably need an analog delay going into self oscillation along with spring reverb for that.

Comment

Nah. TC's spring settings have gotten better than they were, but they're still not great. Don't know why. They're so good at everything else, but the springs are still comparative trash.

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Get an HOF and tweek it out with the editor.
                          ---------------------------
                          The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

See if you can get a used T-Rex Room-mate v2 - I have v1, which doesn’t have spring, but it sounds amazing - they added spring for v2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by superpete View Post
                              yeah i guess i shoul've asked...are you talking about the reverb on the guitar throughout the track, or that wash of reverb in the beginning? because you'd probably need an analog delay going into self oscillation along with spring reverb for that.
                              Oh. I meant a little later on. At the beginning it sounds like he's just playing with a delay into the amp . . . that's easy for me to recreate.

Comment

Working...
                              X