banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a delay that will suppress the 1st note?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
    The old SD Deja Vu has an effect loop for this sort of thing . . .
    I'll probably be running through a little Mackie 402VLZ4. It's cool little mixer where both of the main inputs can be switched to be guitar-centric. And it cost about the same as one pickup. It's a nice little unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Ha, that is never my point. I don't get paid to sell stuff. But it something that I have studied before.
      I know man. That's why I did the "smiley". Nonetheless, you provide good info.

Comment

MXR echoplex will do that.

Comment

Is that the Dunlop EP103? MXR appears under the Jim Dunlop page, but there's no actual Echoplex with the MXR name on it.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
            Is that the Dunlop EP103? MXR appears under the Jim Dunlop page, but there's no actual Echoplex with the MXR name on it.
            Yes, sorry, that's what I meant. Jim Dunlop Echoplex.

Comment

No prob man. I'm checking it out. (With the rest.)

Thanks.

Comment

Anything with a blend knob
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Well, if I end up needing to buy something, the Vapor Trail has a definite edge over the EchoPlex. I was just perusing the manual for the EchoPlex and you have to jump through some odd hoops to get that functionality. It's just plug-'n-play on the Vapor Trail.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                    Anything with a blend knob
                    Not every blend knob works that way, I think. Some only control the level of the effect, without attenuating the dry signal.
                    I believe the Dunlop Echoplex may be one of them, if it's like the old tape Echoplexes.

EDIT: When an effect has a control labeled "Mix," then it probably can give you wet-only.
                    But one labeled Blend wouldn't necessarily do that - some might, but others might not.
                    I recommend checking the manuals before making a final choice based on this particular parameter.
                    Last edited by eclecticsynergy; 01-07-2021, 12:00 AM.
                    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I'm still hoping that one of my current devices will do this, but I got caught up in other things and didn't get around to it today. (Well, yesterday now.)

Comment

I had a Tech 21 Boost DLA that would go 100% wet like that. At the time I couldn't see why anyone would want that but now I can think of plenty of possible uses. Neither of my current delays will do it. As electricsynergy said, their knobs control the echo volume but do not change the dry signal (the initial note) at all.

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post

Not every blend knob works that way, I think. Some only control the level of the effect, without attenuating the dry signal.
                          I believe the Dunlop Echoplex may be one of them, if it's like the old tape Echoplexes.

EDIT: When an effect has a control labeled "Mix," then it probably can give you wet-only.
                          But one labeled Blend wouldn't necessarily do that - some might, but others might not.
                          I recommend checking the manuals before making a final choice based on this particular parameter.
                          I don't disagree, but those aren't technically blend knobs -the pedal company is misrepresenting the function -It's a great point though.

Any medium to high end delay with a "blend" knob is surely the ability to mix the buffered bypass dry signal blend with the delay effect through effect stages from 100% through to 100%

But it's definitely worth doing the research before purchasing to your point.
                          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by vmbarrera View Post
                            MXR echoplex will do that.
                            I checked the manual on the (Dunlop) Echoplex pedal - normally passes the dry signal through at unity gain like the tape ones did.
                            But a delay-only wet mode is available by holding down the Level knob and manipulating the other two controls.
                            "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
                            X