ID:	6045293
    La plouc

its a good boost, been around for a long time in one form or another

Comment

It will make four boosts for me.
      La plouc

Comment

Or, the passive signal attuentator!

If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Try it after a buffer or buffered pedal. Totally different character than first in line. No telling which way you will prefer.

Comment

You bought it for the name, didn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
              You bought it for the name, didn't you?
              Partly.
              La plouc

Comment

I have several EHX pedals I got only because they were $50 or less

Qtron
                Octavix
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I tried it, but for me it only made my sound muddier. Didn't found that much use for it.

I think a simple tone knob would improve it vastly.
                  "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                  Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
                    I tried it, but for me it only made my sound muddier. Didn't found that much use for it.

I think a simple tone knob would improve it vastly.
                    If you run them after a buffer they sound totally different, crisp even. Something to do with input impedence I believe. Or you can do what I did and change some component in there to alter the lows that go through. But yeah, straight in tends to be awfully bloated with most guitars if is first in line.

Comment

Directly after a buffer? Or would a few pedals down the line from a buffered pedal be good? (Thinking about experimenting with a clean boost as the last pedal before my amp’s input).

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post
                        Directly after a buffer? Or would a few pedals down the line from a buffered pedal be good? (Thinking about experimenting with a clean boost as the last pedal before my amp’s input).
                        I'm not sure if it matters as long as there is a buffer between the guitar and the LPB-1, but when I had mine I had it immediately after a buffered pedal. I'm not saying it is magical, just that it really changes the tone and character of the booster, for better or worse.

Comment

If you have to pay me to use a pedal, is that like "negative" cheap???

EHX has a few I'm not touching unless paid to do so.
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                            If you have to pay me to use a pedal, is that like "negative" cheap???

EHX has a few I'm not touching unless paid to do so.
                            Such as? I always thought the LPB-1 wasn’t getting in these pants, but lately I have been curious about boost pedals. And it does have my initials on it.
                            La plouc

Comment

Working...
                            X