Most Buzzzzzing fuzz ever ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Buzzzzzing fuzz ever ?

I noticed there was not too many fuzz threads right now. So which is for you the most BUZZZZING fuzz ever ?

I expect the Fuzz Factory to be mentioned... But amongst classic designs like the Gibson Maestro, the Fuzz Face (Ge - Si ) , the Tone-Bender various versions, Big Muffs, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Fender Blender, Shin Ei, Companion, Vox Fuzz, which is according to your experience the best one to make a huge insect-like buzz ?

I would say that the Si FuzzFace can buzz a little (nicely in fact) with P90 or HB but I mean a bigger buzzing sound than that. The BMP does not really do this sound. I don't think the Tone Bender will do it.

But maybe the Mosrite Fuzzrite, the Fender Blender or the japanese ones like Shin-Ei ???

(Now I think I would like to try the Catalibread / Moseley Fuzzrite.)
    Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Back in the 70's I owned a Marshall Supa-Fuzz...... It had the bass boost switch. It sounded awesomely fuzzy. Would be perfect for some of todays metal.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

But most of today's metal do not like pure fuzz : too vintage, not tight enough for the fast palm-mute parts and not "Djent"
      Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

I don't think of fuzz when I think of modern metal, too wooly, woofy, splatty, loose, etc...

Comment

Okay - you tell me. It's sounds fuzzy by itself, but used with another overdrive or distortion.... COOLNESS.

Marshall Supa fuzz, vintage from the late 60's - YouTube
          aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X