banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't think whoever did the photo actually uses the product.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think whoever did the photo actually uses the product.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2A268CF1-2422-4BCD-9674-274CD87E5487.jpeg
Views:	259
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	6046633
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

I mean, look, I guarantee that I run a reverb in front of my dirt more often than any of you, but verb->fuzz->OD?
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

Comment

I bet it is something they argued about.
      "No, no one actually does this!"
      "People read from left to right!"
      "This is what the company wants!"
      "I want eyes to hit the overdrive first!"
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Shoegaze.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Even for shoegaze, putting the od dead last is a weird choice.

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
          Shoegaze.

Comment

There's an argument for doing this with delay, but not reverb IMHO

Comment

i mean, just the way they setup the cables shows they dont know what they are doing

Comment

Very few companies do product photography in house. The company doing product photography has no idea about what they are shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                  Very few companies do product photography in house. The company doing product photography has no idea about what they are shooting.
                  Based on the photo they don’t know much about photography either.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

ha. Reverb into fuzz...

I guess it's possible they did this knowing this would create sharing on social media from serious guitarists -all pub is good pub when your at the bottom.

but more likely a marketing firm who doesnt know
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I can almost guarantee that the pedals are positioned as such due to the background color and the center pedal color. Any order different than that would look way off. This was a color decision, pure and simple.
                      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I can guarantee you that they're getting some marketing mileage out of this. They may be more clever than you think.

Comment

You mean the very clearly computer-generated gradient ramp?

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                          I can almost guarantee that the pedals are positioned as such due to the background color.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
                            You mean the very clearly computer-generated gradient ramp?

How many pictures are we discussing here?
                            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Order not-withstanding, there are quite few people on the forum that could have done a better job. The pedals are all askew, they used way too wide of a lens, way to close to the product, the lighting is uneven, with odd highlights on the outer pedals and no highlight on the center pedal. Notice how you see the inner sides of the two outer pedals? The are even a little distorted being on the edges of the frame. The masking/cutout seems decent but even the gradient choice is super basic. Probably thrown on a table and snapped with a cell phone.

On the other end of the spectrum, compare to a Boss photo shoot: Even lighting, everything is square (arrangement and perspective, etc.)

Last edited by PFDarkside; 01-10-2021, 08:42 AM.
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                              X