banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't think whoever did the photo actually uses the product.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    Order not-withstanding, there are quite few people on the forum that could have done a better job. The pedals are all askew, they used way too wide of a lens, way to close to the product, the lighting is uneven, with odd highlights on the outer pedals and no highlight on the center pedal. Notice how you see the inner sides of the two outer pedals? The are even a little distorted being on the edges of the frame. The masking/cutout seems decent but even the gradient choice is super basic. Probably thrown on a table and snapped with a cell phone.

On the other end of the spectrum, compare to a Boss photo shoot: Even lighting, everything is square (arrangement and perspective, etc.)

It is the little things that matter. But, I am guessing that the promo department at Roland has a tiny bit more money to invest than Azor.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Everyone who knows what a gradient ramp is, take one step forward.

Not so fast, Boogner.

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

How many pictures are we discussing here?
      ---------------------------
      The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
        Everyone who knows what a gradient ramp is, take one step forward.

Not so fast, Boogner.

Keep your day job. I never said it was a pro shot. What I did say was the reasons color wise (typically) for objects based on color and background in many cases. Troll along...
        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
          Based on the photo they don’t know much about photography either.
          You would be shocked at how many companies contact me for ecom projects that have taken their product photography with cell phones.

Comment

Aesthetically I think the blue anywhere but the center is a fail with a black and grey box on grey background. Order is the least of my issues here.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Potentially a valid point, if that background existed in physical space and not as a purely digital replacement for whatever they actually shot against.

But alas.

What I did say was the reasons color wise (typically) for objects based on color and background in many cases.
              ---------------------------
              The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Keep your day job. I never said it was a pro shot. What I did say was the reasons color wise (typically) for objects based on color and background in many cases. Troll along...
                  I agree with Bogner.

It was probably some marketing manager just trying to make it look good and obviously doesn't play guitar themselves.

They should have just showed the pedals and not had them connected...then the order of the pedals wouldn't have mattered.

Comment

Working...
                  X