banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't think whoever did the photo actually uses the product.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirit of 76
    replied
    Originally posted by Bogner View Post

Keep your day job. I never said it was a pro shot. What I did say was the reasons color wise (typically) for objects based on color and background in many cases. Troll along...
    I agree with Bogner.

It was probably some marketing manager just trying to make it look good and obviously doesn't play guitar themselves.

They should have just showed the pedals and not had them connected...then the order of the pedals wouldn't have mattered.

Leave a comment:

• eclecticsynergy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• St_Genesius
    replied
    Potentially a valid point, if that background existed in physical space and not as a purely digital replacement for whatever they actually shot against.

But alas.

What I did say was the reasons color wise (typically) for objects based on color and background in many cases.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Aesthetically I think the blue anywhere but the center is a fail with a black and grey box on grey background. Order is the least of my issues here.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    Based on the photo they don’t know much about photography either.
    You would be shocked at how many companies contact me for ecom projects that have taken their product photography with cell phones.

Leave a comment:

• Bogner
    replied
    Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
    Everyone who knows what a gradient ramp is, take one step forward.

Not so fast, Boogner.

Keep your day job. I never said it was a pro shot. What I did say was the reasons color wise (typically) for objects based on color and background in many cases. Troll along...

Leave a comment:

• St_Genesius
    replied
    Everyone who knows what a gradient ramp is, take one step forward.

Not so fast, Boogner.

How many pictures are we discussing here?

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    Order not-withstanding, there are quite few people on the forum that could have done a better job. The pedals are all askew, they used way too wide of a lens, way to close to the product, the lighting is uneven, with odd highlights on the outer pedals and no highlight on the center pedal. Notice how you see the inner sides of the two outer pedals? The are even a little distorted being on the edges of the frame. The masking/cutout seems decent but even the gradient choice is super basic. Probably thrown on a table and snapped with a cell phone.

On the other end of the spectrum, compare to a Boss photo shoot: Even lighting, everything is square (arrangement and perspective, etc.)

It is the little things that matter. But, I am guessing that the promo department at Roland has a tiny bit more money to invest than Azor.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Order not-withstanding, there are quite few people on the forum that could have done a better job. The pedals are all askew, they used way too wide of a lens, way to close to the product, the lighting is uneven, with odd highlights on the outer pedals and no highlight on the center pedal. Notice how you see the inner sides of the two outer pedals? The are even a little distorted being on the edges of the frame. The masking/cutout seems decent but even the gradient choice is super basic. Probably thrown on a table and snapped with a cell phone.

On the other end of the spectrum, compare to a Boss photo shoot: Even lighting, everything is square (arrangement and perspective, etc.)

Last edited by PFDarkside; 01-10-2021, 08:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bogner
    replied
    Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
    You mean the very clearly computer-generated gradient ramp?

How many pictures are we discussing here?

Leave a comment:

• St_Genesius
    replied
    You mean the very clearly computer-generated gradient ramp?

I can almost guarantee that the pedals are positioned as such due to the background color.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    I can guarantee you that they're getting some marketing mileage out of this. They may be more clever than you think.

Leave a comment:

• Bogner
    replied
    I can almost guarantee that the pedals are positioned as such due to the background color and the center pedal color. Any order different than that would look way off. This was a color decision, pure and simple.

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    ha. Reverb into fuzz...

I guess it's possible they did this knowing this would create sharing on social media from serious guitarists -all pub is good pub when your at the bottom.

but more likely a marketing firm who doesnt know

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Originally posted by Securb View Post
    Very few companies do product photography in house. The company doing product photography has no idea about what they are shooting.
    Based on the photo they don’t know much about photography either.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X