No announcement yet.

Sweetwater Pedal Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never thought I'd buy a tremolo pedal, until they were 19 bucks. It's worth it if I use it for 1 part on 1 song. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
      I put 3 in a cart and all were not in stock
      I guess it's to judge market or something
      Apparently they go in and out of stock all the time. I also read that these prices are the new prices for the time being - some form of relationship between Behringer and Sweetwater.
      -=The Dali
      --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Wonder what the total cost would be to re-house them in a proper enclosure so they're giggable instead of just disposable plastic prone to breaking.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          Wonder what the total cost would be to re-house them in a proper enclosure so they're giggable instead of just disposable plastic prone to breaking.
          I have never had a problem with any of my plastic pedals and I stomp pretty hard.

EDIT: The H9 is an all-metal chassis.
          Last edited by Securb; 02-16-2021, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TMD

There’s one in every bunch. I’d buy Behringer pedals and warehouse them just to keep somebody from doing this.
            whats cool to do with pedals at this price is combine 4-5 pedals into one slightly custom larger box -lose the 1/4" inter connects all together and then slider switches to have signal chain order controls and to pull effects out all together from the chain -even add in a relay switches for clean engagement in the chain if you want or even some logic -and throw some heavy duty Carling switches to engage them

I use to do that 30 years ago -4-5 effects in the footprint of 2 pedals

-fun projects to do if your into it. -and a great way to get into customizing pedals

if not into it, yeah just buy a bunch at that price.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

I have never had a problem with any of my plastic pedals and I stomp pretty hard. FWIW the Eventide H9 is ABS plastic and it is not a cheap pedal.
              Are you sure about that? I would have sworn they were metal.
              The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                Are you sure about that? I would have sworn they were metal.
                Closer look I "think" they might be metal but a magnet doesn't cling to the pedal. The orange peel in the finish of the pedal suggests metal. I will say I know my BBE pedals are plastic and they are fine.

EDIT: The H9 is an all-metal chassis.
                Last edited by Securb; 02-16-2021, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Closer look I "think" they might be metal but a magnet doesn't cling to the pedal. The orange peel in the finish of the pedal suggests metal. I will say I know my BBE pedals are plastic and they are fine.
                  For what they cost they better be platinum..lol. Still amazing pedal regardless.
                  The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

They aren't 1:1 clones of the original pedals but some can be modded to be, only thing is the smd construction makes working on the board a little tricky.

The cheap line of pedals that TCE came out with are modified versions of these pedals but in a metal enclosure & maybe true bypass switching.

Still, the plastic on these should last awhile unless they are left out in the sun for few days or so & 150lb hard object doesn't get dropped on it from 5 feet or higher height

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
                      They aren't 1:1 clones of the original pedals but some can be modded to be, only thing is the smd construction makes working on the board a little tricky.

The cheap line of pedals that TCE came out with are modified versions of these pedals but in a metal enclosure & maybe true bypass switching.

Still, the plastic on these should last awhile unless they are left out in the sun for few days or so & 150lb hard object doesn't get dropped on it from 5 feet or higher height
                      Maybe not construct wise, but some a definitely tone clones, and sound good even if not.
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

LOL. I forgot about this... I ordered a bunch of the pedals when the price got reduced... got them... used them... moved on to more expensive pedals. It was definitely a "return to pedals" for me since I was using modelers for a a few years. Now I have a full pedal board, LOL.
                        -=The Dali
                        --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Also, if it gets people into collecting pedals, they might move on to more expensive ones, or ones that just do more stuff.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The Hellbabe wah is actually a cool pedal that takes stuff from most well known wahs out there & puts it all together in one. I however wouldn't trust a plastic wah to survive on my board for long but there have been times I've considered getting one & doing the simple physical mods to the plastic that increase the sweep on it.

Comment

What is the Heavy Distortion a clone of? I never noticed that one before.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

I had no idea, but then I found this.

https://www.tonestart.com/ultimate-b...al-clone-list/
                                Oh Ok it's a Mega Distortion.
                                I used to have a Mega but at some point I traded it iirc.
                                It was super thick and saturated, kind-of bloated in the mids in a good way, like boosting an already thick distortion, which it basically what it's doing I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X