Vox Valvetronix ToneLab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox Valvetronix ToneLab

Back again. Best headphone amp I’ve ever used, and some of the best amp modeling I’ve ever heard.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1D5CADE7-BF24-4844-9B29-AC864F60319B.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	6047376
    La plouc

lots of good tones in there and quick and easy to dial em up too

Comment

I will say, the constant throbbing light in the tap tempo button will drive you ‘round the bend.
      La plouc

Comment

Guitars through headphones are funny things. For every device I want to use headphones on, I go through every pair I own and find the one that works best with it.
        La plouc

Comment

I had the head version of that at one time with the huge pedalboard etc to work it. Was a fun rig back in the day. I got some nice tones out of that thing but for me it suffered a bit at volume. Regardless, it was a fun piece fo gear and a game changer for its time.
          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I've been wanting one of those- the one with the volume/wah pedal- for many years .

(But my lack of brain cells? makes me forget to buy one, when I find one used)

I hope you do enjoy yours. I highly prefer the VOX multi-effect boards, to Boss and Line6. .

-E
            If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Like I said - almost got a Valvetronix for the Marshall models.

Get a better IR to stick between the out and your headphones.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Those are good modelers. There's been a lot of advancement since then but those still hold up and sound good comparatively.

For headphones, I got a pair of Sony MDR-7506 for my home setup. Works so good that when I'm playing I can't hear anything else going on around me.

Comment

I bought those same Sony headphones. Not sure what I think yet.
                  La plouc

Comment

Originally posted by TMD View Post
                    I will say, the constant throbbing light in the tap tempo button will drive you ‘round the bend.
                    Cover it in electric tape. I've done this on pedals, appliance lights in my house, and the like. Definitely eases the OCD annoyance.
                    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                    Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                    http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

I used to have one of these when they first came out. I cut the LED off the board.
                      La plouc

Comment

Working...
                      X