I'm going FULL Mosky!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going FULL Mosky!

So, I'm not an Uber-Overdrive guy. I just play with more gain. That's me.

But I do play other stuff and I love pedals. The Mosky Golden Horsie is a lot of fun. I REALLY like it. I have since been listening to Mosky vs Vids etc. and have decided that

a) I'm NEVER buying a Klon, and OCD, or a Timmy and that

b) for a total of !$60 I can have the Mosky version of all three in the stable!!!!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

I like the mooer e-lady a lot. It's a great flanger. For around the house those cheap pedals are great. I'm a little leery about taking them out to a gig though.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I have gigged with Mooers before and always have them as a backup.

While I generally don't gig with them, I use them at rehearsal all the time. 3+ hours 1-3 times a month for a couple of years.

Comment

I have the Ultimate Drive from Joyo which is supposed to be similar to the OCD
        where are you getting these Mosky pedals at

I mostly scan Amazon
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

eBay or Amazon or Reverb...waiting to hit a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
            eBay or Amazon or Reverb...waiting to hit a good price.
            they looked to be almost $30 each when I found them
            is there a difference between the Silver and Golden versions?
            EHD

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
              I like the mooer e-lady a lot. It's a great flanger. For around the house those cheap pedals are great. I'm a little leery about taking them out to a gig though.
              By the way Lew, we are talking about Overdrives....exclusively.

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

they looked to be almost $30 each when I found them
                is there a difference between the Silver and Golden versions?
                I don't know for sure. Perhaps one is the Silver Klon? Or the KTR?

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

By the way Lew, we are talking about Overdrives....exclusively.
                  If they can bang out a decent flanger for under 30$, I figure they must be able to do an OD. Usually gain pedals are pretty simple in comparison.
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

If they can bang out a decent flanger for under 30$, I figure they must be able to do an OD. Usually gain pedals are pretty simple in comparison.
                    Yeah - but the OD Illuminati are a hard crowd to please...The standards are high and the cork is fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
                      Muslady Golden Horse Golden Overdrive.
                      Not touching that Chinese/Walmart crap.

Comment

Originally posted by TMD

What are you talking about? Mosky is as cheap and as Chinese as anything.
                        Yeah - but it doesn't have that Walmart Pedal smog on it. Even an Amazon Basic is higher up the Pedal Food Chain than that...

Comment

What's wrong with Chinese cork
                          Fresh cork is still cork
                          the cork doesn't know what country it is in

unless its counterfeit cork
                          And isn't cork at all
                          But some other glycol based cork substitute
                          EHD

Comment

I have a Mosky BBox preamp and I actually love it for a compressed blues rock sound. The gain range is from light OD up to medium gain. I also like the way it sounds on bass, it adds a nice grit mixed with a DI signal.

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
                              I’ve been looking into the relationship between Mosky and Muslady, but no one seems to know anything about it. When you order a Mosky Golden Horse from Amazon, they are shipping Muslady. The Muslady pedal has “MOSKY” screened on the circuit board. Total mystery. Nobody knows.
                              Haven't you ever been to a chinese restaurant where they seemingly have an amazing 60 different entrees; but upon further analysis, they are all using the same 3 meats: pork, chicken, beef and same set of 20 sauces?

Comment

Working...
                              X