• Aceman
    replied
    Cheap is as cheap sounds...

Leave a comment:

• superpete
    replied
    Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

there was a boutique brand that was repainting cheap pedals not long ago
    the famous freekish blues alpha drive! rehoused/repainted joyo ultimate drives and sold them for $200!!!

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied
    Originally posted by superpete View Post

i am of the slightly informed/not confirmed opinion that mooer and joyo are their own companies, and mosky/muslady/nux/donner/amazon basics/kokko are all made in the same few factories and branded differently. amazon basics are confirmed nux, and years back i forget what offbrand it was but they were using mooer circuit boards.
    there was a boutique brand that was repainting cheap pedals not long ago

Leave a comment:

• superpete
    replied
    Originally posted by TMD View Post
    I’ve been looking into the relationship between Mosky and Muslady, but no one seems to know anything about it. When you order a Mosky Golden Horse from Amazon, they are shipping Muslady. The Muslady pedal has “MOSKY” screened on the circuit board. Total mystery. Nobody knows.
    i am of the slightly informed/not confirmed opinion that mooer and joyo are their own companies, and mosky/muslady/nux/donner/amazon basics/kokko are all made in the same few factories and branded differently. amazon basics are confirmed nux, and years back i forget what offbrand it was but they were using mooer circuit boards.

Leave a comment:

• Little Pigbacon
    replied
    Twenty sauces? I must be hanging around the wrong places.

In related news, I ordered a Mosky from Reverb last night. Hopefully it will say Mosky and not Mustaine, Mudslide, or Moxy.

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    I’ve been looking into the relationship between Mosky and Muslady, but no one seems to know anything about it. When you order a Mosky Golden Horse from Amazon, they are shipping Muslady. The Muslady pedal has “MOSKY” screened on the circuit board. Total mystery. Nobody knows.
    Haven't you ever been to a chinese restaurant where they seemingly have an amazing 60 different entrees; but upon further analysis, they are all using the same 3 meats: pork, chicken, beef and same set of 20 sauces?

Leave a comment:

• kcrknp
    replied
    I have a Mosky BBox preamp and I actually love it for a compressed blues rock sound. The gain range is from light OD up to medium gain. I also like the way it sounds on bass, it adds a nice grit mixed with a DI signal.

Leave a comment:

• Little Pigbacon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied
    What's wrong with Chinese cork
    Fresh cork is still cork
    the cork doesn't know what country it is in

unless its counterfeit cork
    And isn't cork at all
    But some other glycol based cork substitute

Leave a comment:

• Little Pigbacon
    replied
    I bought my Muslady from Amazon for $35.99. Does that satisfy your towardness requirements?

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

What are you talking about? Mosky is as cheap and as Chinese as anything.
    Yeah - but it doesn't have that Walmart Pedal smog on it. Even an Amazon Basic is higher up the Pedal Food Chain than that...

Leave a comment:

• Little Pigbacon
    replied
    Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Not touching that Chinese/Walmart crap.
    What are you talking about? Mosky is as cheap and as Chinese as anything.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Muslady Golden Horse Golden Overdrive.
    Not touching that Chinese/Walmart crap.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

If they can bang out a decent flanger for under 30$, I figure they must be able to do an OD. Usually gain pedals are pretty simple in comparison.
    Yeah - but the OD Illuminati are a hard crowd to please...The standards are high and the cork is fresh.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    replied
    Originally posted by Aceman View Post

By the way Lew, we are talking about Overdrives....exclusively.
    If they can bang out a decent flanger for under 30$, I figure they must be able to do an OD. Usually gain pedals are pretty simple in comparison.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X