banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuzz + wireless - has anyone found a good solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuzz + wireless - has anyone found a good solution?

Fuzz + wireless - has anyone found a good solution?

I love my Analogman Sun Lion, but I also want to go wireless. Has anyone found a product / tried a product that lets you avoid the horrifying screeches of a buffer into a Fuzz Face style circuit?
    __PRESENT
    Gibson LP, Burstbucker 3 A6, 490R A4
    Gibson LP, Pearly Gates A6, Sentient A4
    Gibson LP BFG, Burstbucker A8, P90
    Gibson SG special T, GFS Crunchy Mini, Gibson mini A3
    Strat SSS, SD STK-6 , SSL1 middle, Bootstrap Sparkle Neck
    Strat HSS hardtail, Perpetual Burn A6, Bootstrap Sparkle mid/neck
    Tele, DMZ Area Hot T, Gibson Mini A3
    Tele, DMZ Pegasus A2, Gibson Mini A3
    Jackson V, SD Pegasus bridge, 490R A5
    PRS SE CU24: Air Norton A2, 490R A3

Try the trim pot inside, roll it off just a touch.

Alternatively there is a buffer available from Tate FX that uses a transformer inside to convert low impedance back to high impedance. You may need to email Stuart directly.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

good luck. its the low impedance like darkside said so maybe the device hes talking about would work? other than that, ive never seen a good solution

Comment

Jeremy, I’ve seen three “issues” with vintage style fuzz. Tell me if you agree or if you’ve seen more.

1. Squealing - I’ve actually only experienced this when using a vintage style wah in front of the fuzz. For this I’ve just accepted that the only wah I’ll use with fuzz is a Teese that has true bypass and a fuzz friendly buffer.
        2. Excess brightness/harshness - I think this is due to the impedance and that’s why I recommended the transformer based solution. I believe when Frank worked with 65 Amps on the Fuzz pedals, they used something clever like this to address the potential issues. I wonder if the buffer in Dunlop’s mini fuzz is also a solution?
        3. Lack of volume roll off/clean up - I’ve never seen a solution for this. You just need pickup -> fuzz for this interaction.
        Last edited by PFDarkside; 01-15-2021, 04:58 PM.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

those are the common issues yeah, im sure there are other quirky things depending on the pedal.

2 & 3 are both related to impedance i believe. by having a low impedance signal going into the pedal, it messes with things in such a bad way that it makes my sunface unusable. it sounds like butt and doesnt clean up like im used to so i always go guitar->fuzz and it makes me happy. i havent tried the transformer fix but i havent found anything else that works so if you really want to use a wireless, its worth a try.

Comment

Working...
          X