banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Securb View Post

Small Stone is the best phaser for a Fender Rhoades.
    Indeed it is...and I like it better than a Phase 90 for guitar. The SS is a simple 4-stage phaser, which is the 'correct' sounding phaser to me. More deluxe phasers with more stages just sound way too warbly to me.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Indeed it is...and I like it better than a Phase 90 for guitar. The SS is a simple 4-stage phaser, which is the 'correct' sounding phaser to me. More deluxe phasers with more stages just sound way too warbly to me.
      Lot of defection from a guy who has not posted his board here....
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• My 3 current boards are multi-effects with expression pedals. I don't think they qualify for this experiment.

Comment

My 3 current boards are multi-effects with expression pedals. I don't think they qualify for this experiment.
          See - and I totally respect this. Dave knows that when guitarists talk about pedal boards, we don’t mean Axe-fix, HD500’s, GT whatever’s.

Comment

My 3 current boards are multi-effects with expression pedals. I don't think they qualify for this experiment.
            Agree, those qualify as Pedal Boreds, not Pedal boards.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

• Here ya go Ace....my Minimalist Pedal Board

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	6051110

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Agree, those qualify as Pedal Boreds, not Pedal boards.
                And I am totally ok with this.

Comment

• If I went minimalist board without the Fly Rig, I'd run the MXR Phase 90 in to the EVH 5150 Overdrive and then the Boss DM-2w Delay. Maybe even forego the Phase 90 and have the Keeley Compressor in there instead. But with any clean amp, I could run the 5150 Overdrive in to the DM-2w Delay and get pretty much every tone I needed using the guitar's controls.

Comment

And I am totally ok with this.
                    I knew you would be!

Pedal Boards is form of hoarder culture and addiction that temporarily satiates our lust for consumption and collecting and fill a void in our hearts left from the depression, absence and personal failings in our lives.

It's collecting Smurfs or Hot Wheels for Adults.

2 years ago, I saw a guy at a guitar show buy a hand carved guitar stand for maybe 800 bucks and I congratulated him for reaching a collector level where that's all he could think left to purchase in a convention center full of instruments, pedals, amps and accessories.

To fight this issue, I now sell off a pedal each time I acquire one to try and strike balance in my life. I sold about 12 last year.
                    Last edited by NegativeEase; 01-25-2021, 03:14 PM.
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

I knew you would be!

Pedal Boards is form of hoarder culture and addiction that temporarily satiates our lust for consumption and collecting and fill a void in our hearts left from the depression, absence and personal failings in our lives.

It's collecting Smurfs or Hot Wheels for Adults.

2 years ago, I saw a guy at a guitar show buy a hand carved guitar stand for maybe 800 bucks and I congratulated him for reaching a collector level where that's all he could think left to purchase in a convention center full of instruments, pedals, amps and accessories.

To fight this issue, I now sell off a pedal each time I acquire one to try and strike balance in my life. I sold about 12 last year.
                      Just want to add, that getting healthy from GAS pedal lust required un-visualizing the glory of the giant display wall in my office with pedals and more pedals on display.

Instead come to view that as excessive if they are not used or represent something very special in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by TMD
                        Pedals are always in my future. That’s when they will realize their full potential. Don’t worry if they seem underutilized right now.
                        Yeah, I'm not trying say this is a solution for anyone else... it's mine for me because I've had issues. Not throwing stones

Comment

• I probably haven't bought any new pedals in 6 years. I have all my bases covered.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
                            Here ya go Ace....my Minimalist Pedal Board

Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail.jpg Views:	4 Size:	127.0 KB ID:	6051110
                            Guy with a 5 space bored trying to pretend he only used three. Good god man, those 3" patch cards are nearly at the edge of their capabilities. One could rupture at any moment.

Either that or too cheap to buy enough patch cords to get more pedals.

Comment

• Originally posted by TMD
                              I would use:
                              Wampler Triple Wreck
                              MXR Analog Chorus
                              Wampler Tumnus Deluxe
                              Fulltone Supa Trem
                              Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail
                              Woulda, coulda, shoulda.....Wish board is a Vapor Trail

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Guy with a 5 space bored trying to pretend he only used three. Good god man, those 3" patch cards are nearly at the edge of their capabilities. One could rupture at any moment.

Either that or too cheap to buy enough patch cords to get more pedals.
                                What is this, a pedal fashion parade? What about functionality . . . no love for the multi-muff? No questions about why there's both a compressor AND a muff on the same board?

You're slipping Ace.
                                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                                X