banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rbc View Post
    My board recently changed to accommodate playing bass (mostly) along with electric guitar (sometimes). Depending on the PA at the gig, I'll being using DI, or sometimes I'll use traditional amplifiers after the pedals.
    I bet you can make some $$$ renting some space on your board to other players
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

True. I’m sure I’ll be cluttering it back up soon though

Comment

My board recently changed to accommodate playing bass (mostly) along with electric guitar (sometimes). Depending on the PA at the gig, I'll being using DI, or sometimes I'll use traditional amplifiers after the pedals.
        You know what I'm ignoring? I'm ignoring this mess.

What a waste of a great bass DI and Bass Comp...
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post

You know what I'm ignoring? I'm ignoring this mess.

What a waste of a great bass DI and Bass Comp...
          Oh, you're saucy this morning

I'll clarify a little bit. I've moved my modulation, delay and ambiance effects back to the board effects loop. Right now those are limited to a Rockman Chorus/Delay and a tc electronic M100. I might replace that with a programmable multi-effects unit later. The pedal board is basically just for the dynamics and distortion effects. It might get downsized later.

Comment

Oh, you're saucy this morning

I'll clarify a little bit. I've moved my modulation, delay and ambiance effects back to the board effects loop. Right now those are limited to a Rockman Chorus/Delay and a tc electronic M100. I might replace that with a programmable multi-effects unit later. The pedal board is basically just for the dynamics and distortion effects. It might get downsized later.
            That's nice. You clarify. Whatever lies you have to tell yourself...

I'll repeat. I'm ignoring that mess. A waste of two great MXR Bass pedals.

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

If that was a motel, would you sleep there? I didn't think so. So why would you put a beloved pedal there; You wouldn't.

Comment

• Alright Ace, lay it on me.
                --------------------------------------------------------
                1973 Aria 551
                1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
                1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
                1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
                1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
                1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
                2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

• Originally posted by Coma View Post
                  Alright Ace, lay it on me.
                  As always: LINE THE FREAKING BOARD UP WITH THE TILE/BOARDS!!!!!! NO ART SHOTS!
                  You people are worse photogs than guitar players....

You have an Engl amp: You don't need an EQ, You don't need a compressor. Any tonal shortcoming from that amp are YOU! Get better chops and a better guitar and lose that crap!

That leaves us with a Looper and a Delay.

As for the Looper, just play whatever it is you need looped twice.

Which leaves us with a TC Delay. Ran out of money buying the amp I suppose. I'll allow it. At least it isn't one of those mini pieces of crap.

Basically, a Footswitch and a delay. You DON"T NEED A BOARD!!!!! Stop trying to be a rock star. You have more damn cables/cords going to it than actual pedals.

Switch on floor, delay on floor or on top of amp - done.
                  Last edited by Aceman; 02-19-2021, 06:38 AM.

Comment

• Announcement: I am going camping this weekend.

TRY not to do anything stupid with pedals and boards while I'm gone. In fact - don't do anything. I do NOT need to come how to all this crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      Announcement: I am going camping this weekend.

TRY not to do anything stupid with pedals and boards while I'm gone. In fact - don't do anything. I do NOT need to come how to all this crap.
                      Sounds like a dare Harry.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Currently my pedal board consists of a DS-1 I've modded to my own specs to sound more a Bluesbreaker circuit and a Waza DC-2w. I guess I'm going through a minimalist phase.
                        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

• Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                          Currently my pedal board consists of a DS-1 I've modded to my own specs to sound more a Bluesbreaker circuit and a Waza DC-2w. I guess I'm going through a minimalist phase.
                          Thank you for not posting a picture of a distortion and chorus pedal sitting on the floor. Or especially on a board contraption of some sort.

Comment

• OMGWAFM

Comment

• I don't think that's gonna work.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• No, man, see...
                                Cable management is an integral part of a pedalboard. How the cables are connected, where they are hidden, how neat it all is. They have to be accessible to get to in case you are at a gig and you get no sound- it can be any of the cables, so you have to be able to swap them easily. But out of the way and cut to length so birds don't nest there. Power cables count, as well as how the pedals are attached.
                                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                                X