banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last look before I blow this up and go back to my Petaltrain Grande

Comment

• i mean, as a pedal board, thats a disaster. there kinda no board and theres things outside the "board" but thats a great collection of pedals with some untidy cabling. the maestro will be along to give his official review shortly

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        i mean, as a pedal board, thats a disaster. there kinda no board and theres things outside the "board" but thats a great collection of pedals with some untidy cabling. the maestro will be along to give his official review shortly
        Hey man - stay in your lane!

That's my job.

So - let me get this straight....this is NOT the "blown up" pic? Fooled me.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• Originally posted by Securb View Post
          Last look before I blow this up and go back to my Petaltrain Grande

Do you run everything in front of the amp?
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

• Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Do you run everything in front of the amp?
            Yep, always have always will.

Comment

Nothing wrong with everything in front. Especially if dirt comes from a box.

That said - might want to put that steaming pile behind the amp. Have some pride man!

Comment

• Here is where I am now. I just have to run the power to the pedals from the power brick

Comment

Do you keep the amp mostly clean? Most effects work for me infront of the amp, but stuff like 'verb and delay I can't get along with there when getting gain from the amp.
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

• Yep, I keep it clean and use the gain on the board. As you can see I have almost every flavor of gain on the board.

Comment

Here is where I am now. I just have to run the power to the pedals from the power brick

We will discuss this when I get back from dinner...

Comment

Here is where I am now. I just have to run the power to the pedals from the power brick

All right! Here we go....

I will bear in mind that this 'order' is what works for Bruce - not necessarily what I would do. I will assume standard signal chain order regardless of location:

1. BBE Bohemian - excellent under the radar Treble Booster selection, nice start
                        2. Liverpool - for the classic power-pop-rock crisp gritty awesome. Another excellent selection.
                        3. Dracarys - while a bit of the "hot pedal of the moment" - I can't say anything bad about this (Remember the Tightmetal?)
                        4. I would have put the OD/Boost before the Liverpool...but that's me. Perhaps Bruce is using it for a Boost for solos maybe.

*** I see at least 4 different levels of dirt...perhaps more depending on the Treble boosters use. Solos only? Goosing any of the next three? Do tell...
                        But I've got biting clean, AC dirt, Metal Dirt, and maybe something in between? With a boost. Nice variety!!! I'm guessing bruce changes dirt only occasionally since the are in the back.

Now for the Delays - I assume those are "special settings: for whatever and at the end of the chain. In any event...
                        - Carbon Copy - solid choice period for analog, with a mod option
                        - Is that a DD6? Again, all the digital goodness you'll ever need (Not unlike my choice of DD3 and AD9 together...)

On to the front row.
                        - Old school Flange - Again, solid working man's choice. Plus, 4 knob Flangers RULE!
                        - Classic two knob chorus - more analog goodness
                        * Great old skool swirl pair.

Of course, the H9 needs no introduction. I assume this is for any damn thing you want!
                        - If this is the main "ambience" and the two delays and two modulations are for 'on the fly' stuff, but the H9 is the main one - that would be cool!

As for the two pedals
                        - Again, Wah volume is a classic.
                        - I have no idea what that other plastic looking pedal is. For the H9 parameters?

Anyway, I'm guessing Bruce is using one dirt for most things with an occasional change, and on-offing those chorus/flanger/H9 and volume a lot.
                        Same with the delays. H9 mostly, occasional delay use or change.

Now for the opportunities....

1.De-hair the velcro. Looks like Vetrinarian's waiting room
                        2. Tuck a few more cables. Dracary's looks like some robot-octopus
                        3. I like the spacing up top. Not a fan of it down bottom. Everything right, everything left, or rockers left, H9 etc right.

I'd run it like this left to right....

Front row:
                        H9 < Dracarys < Liverpool < OD-Boost < Treble Boost < Wah-Volume

Back row
                        DD6 < Carbon Copy < Flanger < Chorus (< H9). [You have room for a swirl du jour like a Tremolo or a phaser or something.]

If possible, I'd run the H9 and whole back row in a loop, and the Dracarys straight in the front.

All in all - I'm awarding this most improved! That said, the bar was almost at Demaniac level to start....In any event, well done! I could work with this!!!

Comment

• Yes, all four are used for some level of gain. In some cases, I gain stage the Bohemian Boost with the Liverpool for a classic Rangemaster/Vox tone ala May or Page. The OD/Boost is just as you say. I use the OD on a few songs, and the boost is used for solos. The H9 is used for my ambient stuff like the middle of Whole Lotta Love, my funky MOD stuff like Paint It Black, and to thicken leads. The black pedal on the end is for the H9, a MOOG EXP pedal. I have been using the H9 for a WAH more, and more so, the Morley is slowly being used just as a volume pedal. I also use the EXP pedal to control the rate and speed of phase and tremolo during some leads.

In regards to the spacing on the bottom, I have huge feet for a little dude. Those are the pedals I tap dance the most with, so I wanted as much room as possible. Except for the DD6, all of the pedals on the top row are set it and forget it at the top of a song. The Carbon Copy is usually set for slapback for stuff like You Really Got Me or Running With The Devil.

Comment

• Frightening how Bruce-like I am in my pedal usage....

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                              Frightening how Bruce-like I am in my pedal usage....
                              We are from the same era and listen to a lot of the same guitar players I am not surprised.

Comment

• The new version says "I am a professional and diversely skilled guitar player, who makes shrewd choices in my tonal palette."

The old one said "Where are my car keys?"

Comment

Working...
                                X