banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

The D Shirley is amazing. I can’t speak to the pedal but the amp slays. At least my Kemper profile of that amp rips. It’s my go-to.
    Yes - but how is the board he is using? Until we get some hi-def pics...we'll never know. I think someone is worried, now that they realize it already went wrong at the pic.

Leave a comment:

• Gtrjunior
    replied
    Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
    The Dirty Shirley replaced the Blue. I find it has a much more open, fuller tone and sounds more amp like even with the gain set low where to me the Blue sounded kind of flat and uninspiring, under my fingers at least? I’ve still got the Red and a La Grange (favourite of the 3) but sold the Blue.
    The D Shirley is amazing. I can’t speak to the pedal but the amp slays. At least my Kemper profile of that amp rips. It’s my go-to.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by ErikH View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	image_104626.jpg Views:	7 Size:	112.9 KB ID:	6143403
    Oh man...now HERE is someone who does it right!!!!

Script Phase up front, because a fan of Phase Phirst
    The very flexible and cool, and underrated OD3...Like an SD, but like a BD, but neither....or both. Sort of. Love the even eq of those things!
    5150 for Bocephus time!
    And an EP booster to stand out in the mix a little. PERFECT!!!!
    Tuner at the end to tune and mute

I have never heard of this "Simplifier" thing....but damn I like it! Kind of like a signal central station. Straight to board, Amp or both! Sound guys must love that.

Comp is "always on" and out of way to tame gnarly guitars....I might have put the phaser after that - but on a board this right I'll assume the sound is preferable that way!!!!

TC 3rd Dimension for some Tasty DC-3 chorus tones on the cheap (relatively)
    A DM-2 Waza for longer analog delay awesome
    And we wrap it up with reverb. The EHX Neo - an Aceman often recommended - for just a simple space of spring, hall, or plate!

I bet you can do a wicked Eruption with that setup....

Bravo :handclap:

Very very well done!

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied
    Revised my board quite a bit since the band situation changed. With this I can go DI, in to an amp, or both at the same time, thanks to the DSM & Humboldt Simplifier in the upper left.

Guitar goes in to the Phase 90, Compressor, OD-3 for light drive, 5150 OD for heavier drive, EP Booster for lead boost, Tuner, and in to the Simplifier. The 3rd Dimension, DM-2w, and Holy Grail are in the effects loop of the Simplifier in that order. No room for the Crybaby on the board so when I want to use it, it'll sit on the floor and plug in to the Phase 90.

I need to get a few more power cables, one to replace the B/R one off the tuner to the EP Booster, and patch cables to have extra on hand. Yup, powered by a Pedalsnake Snake Power block. Zero noise. Nothing overly complicated and gets the job done.

I may experiment with utilizing the direct out of the DM-2w, which is dry, to the other effects loop return to see how that sounds with both outputs of the Simplifier hooked up. Could make for a cool wet/dry setup.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_104626.jpg Views:	7 Size:	112.9 KB ID:	6143403
    Last edited by ErikH; 01-13-2022, 08:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by playas View Post

Very curious about what replaced the Bogner blue as I'm pretty close to picking a mini up.
    The first problem with this is that the pic is not high enough resolution to easily decipher the pedals.

Freud would suggest this to be some sort of defense mechanism air work. I suggest you take a mother better pic. Please google glare/shadow photography before doing that.
    Last edited by Aceman; 01-13-2022, 09:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Blille
    replied
    Current incarnation of my home board and I’m really liking the Friedman pedals… they knocked the Bogner red and blue pedals off their spotClick image for larger version  Name:	1E748869-25F4-4510-91AE-077C6EE04CD4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	6143342 and the Waza Dim C is very cool.
    very nice - how do you use the PoT?

Leave a comment:

• d1dsj
    replied
    The Dirty Shirley replaced the Blue. I find it has a much more open, fuller tone and sounds more amp like even with the gain set low where to me the Blue sounded kind of flat and uninspiring, under my fingers at least? I’ve still got the Red and a La Grange (favourite of the 3) but sold the Blue.

Leave a comment:

• playas
    replied
    Current incarnation of my home board and I’m really liking the Friedman pedals… they knocked the Bogner red and blue pedals off their spotClick image for larger version Name:	1E748869-25F4-4510-91AE-077C6EE04CD4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	6143342 and the Waza Dim C is very cool.
    Very curious about what replaced the Bogner blue as I'm pretty close to picking a mini up.

Leave a comment:

• d1dsj
    replied
    Current incarnation of my home board and I’m really liking the Friedman pedals… they knocked the Bogner red and blue pedals off their spotClick image for larger version  Name:	1E748869-25F4-4510-91AE-077C6EE04CD4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	6143342 and the Waza Dim C is very cool.
    Last edited by d1dsj; 01-13-2022, 04:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    circa 1998

Leave a comment:

• LLL
    replied
    Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

I like Gary Clark Jr (and that's a decent song). . . . but not seeing anything new there. Blues-rock licks over generic hip-hop backing track with sorta rapping has been done (for a long while):

Is this the new Run D.M.C. + Aerosmith style thing?

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by Blille View Post

Sure. You can put and ambient reverb before a raging fuzz but, unlike the shirt, the result will be very different from putting them the other way around. IMHO there is a "safe" order of pedals that you shouldn't deviate from unless you know why you're doing it.
    And that's what we are going with usually. By we, I mean me. That said I ran a Flanger in front of dirt and it was awesome...I'll do anything for the right sound.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    replied
    Originally posted by Securb View Post

This is from the new album

I like Gary Clark Jr (and that's a decent song). . . . but not seeing anything new there. Blues-rock licks over generic hip-hop backing track with sorta rapping has been done (for a long while):

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

I like Gary Clark Jr., but he's not doing anything new or unique in the music I've heard. It's straight up blues rock . . . of the sort that has been pretty common since the '60s.
    This is from the new album

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    replied
    Originally posted by Securb View Post

There is plenty of deviation and creativity in modern Blues just look at Gary Clark Jr. And I never said music dies. I said it gets boring.
    I like Gary Clark Jr., but he's not doing anything new or unique in the music I've heard. It's straight up blues rock . . . of the sort that has been pretty common since the '60s.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X