banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post

OK. This guy scares me. It's like he just throws this in a bag, gets off the plane, walks on stage, Hits the drive or boost as appropriate to the gig, was out of needed, and tosses in a touch of swirl, or verb, with some delay for a lead.

Who TF do you think you are? Well played in any event.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

I can't even tell what that crap is, and the carpet is ugly.
      Lol
      Zoom the photo.
      You can figure it out.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	9AF60ED7-DC01-43E3-A449-8A74509A467D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	68.1 KB ID:	6048925Just for bass. I don’t use any for guitar.

Comment

I'm thinking of buying the biggest board I can find, stick this in the middle and be done with it.

Well, I'D think it was funny.

Comment

Use a whole sheet of plywood.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
              Click image for larger version Name:	9AF60ED7-DC01-43E3-A449-8A74509A467D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	68.1 KB ID:	6048925Just for bass. I don’t use any for guitar.
              Again - NOT a board! Some kind of kiddie plastic case, with three dirt pedals and a wah. Just throw that on the floor and move on. Board....pffft. 1st world musician problems.

Comment

OK. This guy scares me. It's like he just throws this in a bag, gets off the plane, walks on stage, Hits the drive or boost as appropriate to the gig, was out of needed, and tosses in a touch of swirl, or verb, with some delay for a lead.

Who TF do you think you are? Well played in any event.
                If only my chops lived up to the board!

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius Paisley View Post
                  I'm thinking of buying the biggest board I can find, stick this in the middle and be done with it.

There are much worse sounding pedals than the Metal Zone, I don't own one and never have, but the meme of picking on this one needs to evolve. It hasn't been funny for years.

Comment

Originally posted by kcrknp View Post
                    There are much worse sounding pedals than the Metal Zone, I don't own one and never have, but the meme of picking on this one needs to evolve. It hasn't been funny for years.
                    Dry your eyes, princess. The joke isn't the pedal, the photo of which was taken by me when it arrived on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by rbc View Post
                      This is my latest board reimagining. The tiny Donner Alpha Cruncher makes up for the freakishly large Danelectro Spring King. The JDX Direct Drive replaces the use of an amp.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0073.JPG Views:	144 Size:	99.0 KB ID:	6021816
                      OK - if this is your Re-imagining" then keep trying. This has all the imagination of a ham and cheese sandwich on white bread.

And EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION!!!! Stop it with the little Chinese combo pedal/board/DI/whatever TF those things with all the tiny knobs are. If you get one of those, USE IT. Otherwise, get real real pedals.

Is this what the kids are doing today?

The spring king, however, is a choice box. Now match the rest of your stylings to that coolness and you'll be getting somewhere. Analog Man King of Tone, SIbanez SD9M, Boss CE2 WAZA, and an Echoplex pedal. THEN the spring king. And it appears you exist to go direct. Get a Mooer RADAR for that JDX. Maybe not the most "imaginative" but it would be bad@$$.

This - Keep the one spot, and the Spring King, try again.

Comment

Listen - I'm calling them like I see them. Don't get all defensive. There may be a good reason for whatever jacked up dumb@$$ choices you made. I'm not judging.

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                        The Korg is built like a tank.
                        Like a big old Septic Tank from the 70's. I'd rather see a Snark on a headstock.

Comment

Again - NOT a board! Some kind of kiddie plastic case, with three dirt pedals and a wah. Just throw that on the floor and move on. Board....pffft. 1st world musician problems.
                          It’s all I need and it’s got a carry handle lol

I will admit the factory daisy chain power supply was pure trash. That’s why I drilled holes and ziptied a less trashy cheap one on top lol

Comment

Originally posted by Coma View Post
                            Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Latest iteration
                            This guy GETS IT...almost...

Comment

We can really help here!

First off, the pedals are CHOICE! Zero to say here at all. Keeley, 4 knob Flanger, great delay, reverb, RC boost....and the Demon, I miss mine....great under-rated Wah.

And...really love the color coding for easy see. Especially the tape on that NS2.

However - WTF did you do? Put them on in the order of purchase???

Wah, Tuner, and I guess the RC? should be on the bottom floor as the most used pedals.
                              I'd like to hear the chain is Tuner > Comp > Wah> NS > Flanger > Delay > Verb.

I understand you may use them differently...but this is my threrqad, so my order!

Comment

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
                                Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

My pedalboard for bass. Built-in power supply and 12500mah battery, both in the board itself. Super light and last for 2 gigs (maybe more) without recharging.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103059[/ATTACH]

This is so bad@$$ - nothing more to say. For the minimalists out there, learn from this man.

Comment

Working...
                                X