banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nostalgic Distortion View Post
    It’s a modular system Ace, if I’m not using Chorus or Phase there’s no reason to have the extra buffers in the signal..

Sometimes I just use the main board, other times I’ll add some modulation to that one, & sometimes I’ll just use my TU3, SD1, & JB2 board..

If I wanna jam someplace, I don’t know exactly what to expect, & I wanna grab something quick that’ll cover whatever, I’ll grab the two BC-30 cases?

There is a method to my madnesses..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	37EB7D89-DBC4-441B-93DB-01B975EC7E40.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	6148064
    Click image for larger version

Name:	E9EC873D-B99A-4C92-AA74-0611EB3BE164.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	6148065
    You should ALWAYS have a phaser and have it before the dirt. I’m pretty sure it’s a rule.

Comment

• While not a rule, I always have a phaser, and it is always before the dirt.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        While not a rule, I always have a phaser, and it is always before the dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

• Yeah, & Fuzz “ALWAYS” goes first right?

I’m a renegade, I don’t play guitar by the rules! LOL..

I’ve placed it before my Dirt pedals before, (Personally I think a Phase 90 is better for this.) & I prefer it where it is…

Just like my Fuzz pedals are NEVER first! This is because I tend to use them with a lot of Vol. & not much gain. (IE- clipping) Then I’m able to stack a TS-9 or other “mid bump” Drive into them..

Which BTW is a glorious thing that I think everyone should try at least once!!!

I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

• the fuzz first rule is mostly for old style two transistor fuzz pedals, though some three transistor fuzzes sound best first too. anything muff like usually doesnt care

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              the fuzz first rule is mostly for old style two transistor fuzz pedals, though some three transistor fuzzes sound best first too. anything muff like usually doesnt care
              The two Fuzz pedals that I use are the JHS modded “Moon Pi” Muff & the EQD Dream Crusher.. I use them both to the same spot & in a similar fashion even though they are entirely different Fuzz’s..

The Dream Crusher is a dual Germanium transistor Fuzz, but it’s also got some pretty great overdrive qualities. Which may be why it also seems to work very well sitting just before my EQ?
              I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

• BTW, I don’t know if anyone cares but I did technically add a new pedal to my board yesterday..

It’s a switch!!! Click image for larger version

Name:	69DEB43E-C6A8-4FC8-AC00-FAB95F0AC1B0.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	6148247

Comment

• Yes - but it is the switch for the Angry Driver! Nice move...

That pedal is bad@$$. I'm kinda jonesing for it. It checks so many boxes:

- Rare Boss pedal someday
                  - JHS pedal today
                  - BD2, because I want one, and everyone should have one
                  - Stacking in one space!
                  - So many switching options coolness
                  - One pedal huge range of dirt

And all of that is BEFORE the remote is added!
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• Yessiree!!!

If you do get a JB-2, & you definitely should! I would very much recommend also getting a remote switch for it at the same time..

It opens up tons of great tonal options, & really let’s you use the JB-2 in the most optimal way..

That’s my two cents on the pedal anyway…

Comment

• Alright, here’s my pedal board;

- Boss TU3
                      - Mooer Acoustikar
                      - Boss BD-2
                      - Boss OS-2
                      - Boss CE-2
                      - Boss TR-2
                      - Boss DD-6
                      - Boss RV-6
                      - Boss RC-3 loop station

What’s to say? I kinda like Boss pedals. There may be other / better / more exclusive ones, but I like these and not only for the money. The mooer acoustikar I like it better than Boss’ alternative.

The CE-2 is an oldie made in Japan.

The BD-2 gets most love. It’s set as a very mild overdrive.

From the OS-2 I only use the overdrive, the distortion isn’t bad but I don’t play heavy rock. This pedal can be stacked on top of the BD-2 very nicely.

The only pedal not shown is my channel switch pedal (Morley ABY). Channel one is the basis, and channel two can be added simultaneously as a solo boost (both channels are in phase)

Comment

• Originally posted by LRS View Post

Now THIS is a pedalboard! See the difference there ND? I can nit pick (and I will) but seriously....can't hate on a damn thing here.

I'm actually gonna give style point for ALMOST brand purity! There is a certainly symmetry about that.
                        Great board, all in once case, handles everything you'd need! Well played, sir, well played!

Nits:
                        1. Obviously the Mooer Acoustic. But I get it. It fits, and when needed, there it is. I have one in my gig bag incase of an acoustic blowout myself...
                        2. TU & Looper outside. But...if the looper is a rare pedal, and you also have a Snark...alright. I can live with the tuner out. Although...a little one up there with the Acoustic pedal. Think about it.
                        3. Knobs for the OS2. Seriously man...get on eBay. Really. Do that.

But overall, great job. Dirt, Swirl, Atmosphere. No BS, no fluff, all in a nice aesthetic.

Nostalgic - notice how he isn't calling it A pedal board with outboard models? I respect your integrity there sir!

Comment

• Man, I would give him a point because the only pedal that is not Boss is an Acoustic Simulator. That’s one of the bottom 3 Boss pedals IMHO.

He could use a SLBC for the overflow pedals though

Comment

• Originally posted by Nostalgic Distortion View Post
                            Yeah, & Fuzz “ALWAYS” goes first right?

I’m a renegade, I don’t play guitar by the rules! LOL..

I’ve placed it before my Dirt pedals before, (Personally I think a Phase 90 is better for this.) & I prefer it where it is…

Just like my Fuzz pedals are NEVER first! This is because I tend to use them with a lot of Vol. & not much gain. (IE- clipping) Then I’m able to stack a TS-9 or other “mid bump” Drive into them..

Which BTW is a glorious thing that I think everyone should try at least once!!!
                            Agree, TS into Muff is a classic. I just stopped doing it when I switched from a NYC kind of muff to a triangle one. And IME Muffs can go anywhere, like said above.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blille View Post
                              Man, I would give him a point because the only pedal that is not Boss is an Acoustic Simulator.
                              Good point - that one is a dog.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blille View Post
                                Man, I would give him a point because the only pedal that is not Boss is an Acoustic Simulator. That’s one of the bottom 3 Boss pedals IMHO.

He could use a SLBC for the overflow pedals though
                                What are the other bottom Boss pedals?
                                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                                X