banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    please tell me you put your wig and spanx on before you did this?
    Steve Dallas is currently working on a deal with Sara Blakely. Lets just say his stage jeans are, difficult to get on...sexy is not without pain.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

I'm envisioning him passed out from exhaustion, French roast in one hand, pumpkin ale in the other.
      Pervert. Quick looking in my skylight with your drone!

Comment

OK - second wind. energy for one more...

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

So - a real TC CHorus/Flanger. EXTREME COOL!
        Next to some crappy little green pedal. Extreme FAIL. That TC needs a loving home.

I also dig the black to red fade pedal. No idea what it is. I'll assume a boos/OD or something. That's what it is now.

I will say I like the order of operations here: Tuner, Gain things, obvious ly a Phase First fan - ok, then noise killer. Swirly in the back line. Total approval.

Now for the really questionable thing. And maybe it is just me....doesn't the Lynch pedal being there make it a pain to get to the other pedals? again - maybe its just me, but ima thinking there is a way better spot for that...

And also, does the poster hit the pedals with his knee? Why is the board on a box. Just getting in some high stepping for aerobic workout while playing? Put the board on the floor, move the wah out of the way. More of an obstacle course obstruction that a board, really....

Also, while I'm not a fan of zip ties...duct tape? Seriously? In the middle of a gig sure. But afterwards fix that!

Comment

''
          Last edited by JMP/HBE; 01-18-2021, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Rehearsal Board: 4 cable routed - Chorus / Flange / Phase / Spark out front. Flashback (echoplex toneprint) into HOF (church toneprint) through the loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              So, first of all, this isn't all bad.

To begin with, I applaud the workman like selection of the classics:

Crybaby wah - with no fancy pants knobs, or artist renditions or any of that cr4ap
              Tube Screamer and Rat - into what must be a Marshall per the footswitch. A True Tone craftsman can do wonders with just these.
              Looks like a Pitch Black tuner.

Unfortunately, there are a few issues...

Sound Tanks? Really? A person with any self respect would have removed those for the photo.
              You may think I'm going to bag on the Rogue delay - but I'm not. It is a decent Analog voiced digital box. But dang, dig in the couch and replace the knob!
              I have no idea what that little thing in the corner is but it is FAIL because I'm not turning my head to read it. If I can't identify the pedal, it sucks.

Now we have a few other issues here.

First, the pedals every which way and wires akimbo is just a sign of a troubled mind. You called this a "latest" version so I must assume some sort of attentional deficit. Seek help for that. Or don't. But order things up and tidy those wires!

Also - I guess that slice of plywood is technically a "board" but you couldn't find a more appropriate spaced log on a discarded palette or something? I'll give it vintage style;e points for the aged patina though.

Also, be careful not to scratch the plastic floor. Real plywood can splinter....
              Knob is back on the Roque now, I had taken it off to zip tie the pedal and forgot to put it back. lol
              Sound tanks are cheap and decent, especially for pedals I rarely use.
              Sideways pedal is a Outlaw Widow-Maker distortion. Decent little pedal, I don't like it much in front of the DSL, but it sounds good pushing the Orange Micro Dark.

Wiring does look bad in the pic. It's slightly better in person, but everything is out of the way so I don't worry about it.
              As for the board, C'mon man, have some respect. That's OAK plywood lol
              "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Comment

Aceman what about mine? Does the job here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210103_200520.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	6049131

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post

It’s all I need and it’s got a carry handle lol
                  If he were a gigging musician he would get it. Pedal gig bags rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

I love pedal carry cases, but I do not like ones that slather their logo all over them. I don't want people to know whats in the bag when traveling.
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Those daisy chain power supplies are trash but the carry handle and case are nice. Mine doesn’t say **** on it.

Comment

For me, I had to reinforce my pedal gig bag because bumping around the soft case would change my knob settings en route. I'd prefer a suitcase now, but I don't want to rebuy something I have a solution for now.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianSD View Post
                          Aceman what about mine? Does the job here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210103_200520.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	6049131
                          If you insist.

Using some piece of crap wood on sale from Crate & Barrel is not a pedal board...WTF is that? Two hanging wine racks with the chain removed?

Next - those foreign plugs have to go. Why TF would anyone purposefully use those????? You just enjoy getting a converter for a wall plug at some point.

And then we are back to this issue: You have a Boss SWITCHER. That is your board. Done.

And what's wrong with the box in the middle? Smells bad, has herpes, will reach out bite the others? This could have gone better if you had covered up more of that rack but, apparently the radiation given off by that thing makes it impossible...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius Paisley View Post

Show us your board, then. Show us "how it's done".
                            Dude - I have a Wah, an amp channel switch and a Multi-fx in the loop. No need for a board (as many of these have no need!) I need functionality and speed, not a pretty little pile of sound chicklets to dance on all night. Not only do I have to play the notes but performance style counts and we don't do any Eric Johnson tunes.

Also, I bought a decent amp, so there is that too.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
                              Green pedal is a buffer - blah blah blah - l never own that crap.
                              No one cares. Fix it.

Comment

They look sloppy as hell and cheap. Yeah yeah yeah they are convenient for the easy zip/plug/power factor. Whatever. Soft little padded case looks weak on stage. Not rock & roll at all. Have some pride man!

Not taking crap from a guy whose case looks like it has been sat on by a dozen 300lb groupies over the years.

And I don't have a problem with Brandons case because it is plastic - but because it is small. When he gets his big boy 10+ pedal board he can graduate to a non-playskool case. Toss your three pedals in a bag and put them on the floor. Don't make me go back and abuse him for using all guitar pedals on a bass....I let that go.

Comment

Working...
                                X