banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I realize this is a sh*tty, blurry pic. But DAMN I want the Aceman to RIP on my little board!!!

Comment

• And here is that same silly little board in front of the BACKLINE!

This was with a Dispatch Master handling both Delay and Verb to make room for a 4-knob Flanger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post

I WANT to hate on this....and the crooked @$$ tuner really makes me wonder if he is an engineer. Small Clone - really?

But the man has an Empress Tremolo V1.5....can't hate.

Don't knock the SS just because it's EHXs usual terrible build quality. If you replace the four identical .0068uF caps with 1nF, 10nF, 470pF, and 4.7nF caps you transform the small stone into a unbeatable mix between a phaser and a univibe.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I have no idea what this board even does, but it looks super boring. Two line 6 pedals? Isn't one too many?
          It did everything, but just replaced both HX units with a Helix Floor.

I'm somehow feel I got it off easy....
          Last edited by Synapsys; 01-23-2021, 11:03 AM.
          Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

• Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Don't knock the SS just because it's EHXs usual terrible build quality. If you replace the four identical .0068uF caps with 1nF, 10nF, 470pF, and 4.7nF caps you transform the small stone into a unbeatable mix between a phaser and a univibe.
            And like most people here, they receive my benevolence, and then have to go one step too far defending their crappy life choices.

I was ABOUT to give a kudos on what I believe is a modded BD2 also (non red light)

But then he goes all "Engineer" on us.

SO here is a guy, who gets paid pretty good scratch to do whatever he he does. Yet he rides his bike to work, in frickin' Canada in the winter, because it saves gas. Or whatever single variable equation he has applied.

Now....that electronic babble about the EHX? You have a Deja Vu, A modded BD2, an Empress, and suddenly you go all DIY/Cheapskate on an attempt to build what you could have bought, in the form of a T-Rex Viper, Fulltone Deja-Vibe, or an Earthquaker The Depths, that doesn't work or sound nearly as cool, no matter what you think because you spent time & effort doing it.

So now you go from Hero to Zero in a comment because we realize that you can't handle multi-variate non-linear equations, and you wife said no more money for your little guitar hobby board.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• Originally posted by PDC View Post
              I realize this is a sh*tty, blurry pic. But DAMN I want the Aceman to RIP on my little board!!!
              Honestly, I looked at this and thought about it for a minute, and decided to pass. Should have left well enough alone.

The TC Spark is awesome, and depending on your verb needs, I recommend to mini HOF a lot. Download Spring algo, tweak it, and rock on....with Verb on "3"

Yet again, we just can't let it go.

Obviously, we have a TC Fan boi here. "But Ace, look at the MXR pedals!" Is there anyone out there who doesn't see this as a cry for help regarding his own self loathing at being a TC mini fanboy??? So he did the most obvious opposite thing he could - went from small high tech mini's to old skool big boxes.

But that isn't the ONLY self loathing here. He also is ashamed of the mini factor. He could have got the VERY hip MXR Phase 95 mini to drop in there. But no. He could have got the Mooer Electric Lady which I suspect sounds way better and is more adjustable. Hell, as a TC fanboy he could have got a Vortex. But he is ashamed of his his tiny pedals, and wanted to show he was a big boy. You decide what other tiny things he embarrassed about.
              Last edited by Aceman; 01-24-2021, 06:07 AM.

Comment

And here is that same silly little board in front of the BACKLINE!

This was with a Dispatch Master handling both Delay and Verb to make room for a 4-knob Flanger.
                And for round two, he puts teeny board in front of big@$$ backline, as if he is some sort of modern day guitar Alanis Morissettte.

Big backline needs big board. Little board = Big FAIL....

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	6007701_rd.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	6050570

Comment

• Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	6007701_rd.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	6050570
                    A lot of potential here....way better than the K-MArt bathroom rack that other guy had. Edge cut bamboo will help your tone keep its "edge" longer, but that's just fine.

Comment

Honestly, I looked at this and thought about it for a minute, and decided to pass. Should have left well enough alone.

The TC Spark is awesome, and depending on your verb needs, I recommend to mini HOF a lot. Download Spring algo, tweak it, and rock on....with Verb on "3"

Yet again, we just can't let it go.

Obviously, we have a TC Fan boi here. "But Ace, look at the MXR pedals!" Is there anyone out there who doesn't see this as a cry for help regarding his own self loathing at being a TC mini fanboy??? So he did the most obvious opposite thing he could - went from small high tech mini's to old skool big boxes.

But that isn't the ONLY self loathing here. He also is ashamed of the mini factor. He could have got the VERY hip MXR Phase 95 mini to drop in there. But no. He could have got the Mooer Electric Lady which I suspect sounds way better and is more adjustable. Hell, as a TC fanboy he could have got a Vortex. But he is ashamed of his his tiny pedals, and wanted to show he was a big boy. You decide what other tiny things he embarrassed about.
                      YESS!!!

Comment

And for round two, he puts teeny board in front of big@$$ backline, as if he is some sort of modern day guitar Alanis Morissettte.

Big backline needs big board. Little board = Big FAIL....
                        Perfect. Thank You!

Comment

YESS!!!
                          Oh great - an emotional masochist who got me to whip him. Ewwww.

I have been used and must go wash away the filth...

Pervert

Comment

And like most people here, they receive my benevolence, and then have to go one step too far defending their crappy life choices.

I was ABOUT to give a kudos on what I believe is a modded BD2 also (non red light)

But then he goes all "Engineer" on us.

SO here is a guy, who gets paid pretty good scratch to do whatever he he does. Yet he rides his bike to work, in frickin' Canada in the winter, because it saves gas. Or whatever single variable equation he has applied.

Now....that electronic babble about the EHX? You have a Deja Vu, A modded BD2, an Empress, and suddenly you go all DIY/Cheapskate on an attempt to build what you could have bought, in the form of a T-Rex Viper, Fulltone Deja-Vibe, or an Earthquaker The Depths, that doesn't work or sound nearly as cool, no matter what you think because you spent time & effort doing it.

So now you go from Hero to Zero in a comment because we realize that you can't handle multi-variate non-linear equations, and you wife said no more money for your little guitar hobby board.
                            I was a little concerned that you were being so nice . . . .

I will fight to the death to defend the sound from that EHX Small Stone. Build quality, good components, noise floor, all no. But sound quality is awesome.
                            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

• Yeah, the Small Stone is my favorite phaser, and I love me some phaser.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                                Yeah, the Small Stone is my favorite phaser, and I love me some phaser.
                                Small Stone is the best phaser for a Fender Rhoades.

Comment

Working...
                                X