banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shows massive board in attempt not to appear as a pedal whore. You aren't even fooling yourself on this one.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• Originally posted by TMD

Ace won’t rest until I post a pic of some common pedals that everyone has owned.
      anyone else got one of these?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0066.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	6052549

Comment

• Alright Bob, I humbly present my board for review.

Name:	IMG_20210130_174350373~2_compress7.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	6052687
        https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

• Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post
          Alright Bob, I humbly present my board for review.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210130_174350373~2_compress7.jpg Views:	5 Size:	118.4 KB ID:	6052687
          We'll discuss the Pink Elephant in the room in a moment.

Let me tell you what I like;

1. Classic wood / Home-self made.
          2. The 'green pedals' on one side and the metallics on the left. I really like the aesthetic here. The Green Korg is a really nice touch.
          3. Nice brand blend. I believe you got the pedals that YOU need
          4. I like the apparent Order (hold on to that thought...)
          5. Nice wire tuck
          6. I like the CFH, Wylde, and Decimator "loud pedals" motif as well
          7. Good Pedal spacing - generally speaking

Now - first issue. This is the board of someone playing fairly lead, and allegedly, bad@$$ metal. I in no way, shape, or form believe that the women who dig whatever this board plays wear pretty pink thongs like that, or that they are that clean. In fact, I suspect black stripper g strings are more the fashion, if they wear underwear at all. The bigger issue is that you thought you could distract me with panties and hoped I wouldn't notice the gaping hole on the board that is crying out for one more pedal. It could be green or metallic or both. This board is one (maybe two....) pedal short of awesome.

Before I pass judgement one other small but incredibly important issue -

Metal Master, East River. explain the signal path of both of these all the way to the amp. everything riding on this. You have two chances to win. Every other possible answer results in total epic fail of shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post
            I in no way, shape, or form believe that the women who dig whatever this board plays wear pretty pink thongs like that, or that they are that clean. In fact, I suspect black stripper g strings are more the fashion, if they wear underwear at all.
            There is probably a lot of truth to that.

The East river gets used 96% of the time, and it sits in front of the Digitech, as my main dirt into a dirty amp.

The Digitech is really only on there for a backup in case something goes wrong with my pre amp/tubes on stage I can jump this into the loop real quick or the clean channel..... And that much gain and compression will do in a pinch OR.... If I'm just feeling like human cruelty and melting faces off on any particular night.

I do have room to add, I've got an octave or something fun in mind....

Last edited by 80's_Thrash_Metal; 01-30-2021, 07:00 PM.
            https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

• It was quite challenging not getting my bare feet in the pic, which would, I suppose, be points deducted...
              Of course, my feet are quite handsome, OTOH.

Name:	E0Y0R3R.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	6052708

Comment

I do have room to add, I've got an octave or something fun in mind....
                My initial thought was a Bass or Russian Big Muff, but I’m not sure that would fit with your sound. There are a couple of octave fuzzes that are green too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drak View Post
                  It was quite challenging not getting my bare feet in the pic, which would, I suppose, be points deducted...

Please tell me these fold up like an accordion bellows into one pedal case on wheels.
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

. The Digitech is really only on there for a backup in case something goes wrong with my pre amp/tubes on stage I can jump this into the loop real quick or the clean channel.....
                    And that was one of the acceptable answers I was looking for. Otherwise, it could have gotten ugly.

My review stands. MM in the loop is OK. I still think this was a sad excuse to simultaneously reveal your panty fetish and try to conceal a board that needs one more pedal...but sonically, logistically, and aesthetically I like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drak View Post
                      It was quite challenging not getting my bare feet in the pic, which would, I suppose, be points deducted...

One per customer please.

Comment

2. A woman once told me I have beautiful feet. I think she was right.
                        Talking to yourself in the mirror does not count.

My god you people are gross.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremy View Post

anyone else got one of these?

Name:	IMG_0066.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	6052549
                          Not a board - however, great inspiration for a mysoginistically themed board....

Comment

Good try, Ace, but we were in the living room. Three other people heard her.

Guess what, Ace? There’s this invention called soap. Feet aren’t gross if you wash them.
                            You have not seen my feet. Even when clean

Comment

Good try, Ace, but we were in the living room. Three other people heard her.

Guess what, Ace? There’s this invention called soap. Feet aren’t gross if you wash them.
                              Feet are always gross, irrespective of their cleanliness. It's one of their most characteristic feetures.
                              --------------------------------------------------------
                              1973 Aria 551
                              1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
                              1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
                              1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
                              1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
                              1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
                              2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

• I’m sensing this will spiral into a world where guitar pedals are marketed with foot models lovingly caressing them with their toes...

Comment

Working...
                                X