banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving on to Page 11 in the original thread...

Originally posted by GAS-a-holic View Post
    Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Since this thread is still going - here's an update:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70856[/ATTACH]

THIS is tight! I like it...
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• And this is a mess....

Originally posted by ThisDyingSoul76 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71041[/ATTACH]
      6 VS pedals? (7 if you count that crappy Garage Tone POJ) Wayyyy overkill. Yes - they make cool stuff. And it sounds good and looks different. But damn, when you have that many it looks like a bunch of electronic file bookmark tags.

Cheap Ibanez pedal - weak.

A Hotone pedal? Seriously? A player with any self respect would have just went without that.

5 pedals off the board - NO NO NO!!!! The wah/vols - maybe. I get putting them where you play - I do that. But the Marshall Guv? Shame for that being on the floor!

And what isn't the saturator on there?

You need more board or get rid of the bad pedals

Kudos for: H2O v2 - because I use one! The Double Trouble, and the cool old Turbo OD.

And line it up with the floor. Makes me dizzy to look at off angle....

Comment

• Originally posted by NjuiMusic View Post

I recently updated my board...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71310[/ATTACH]
        And did a STELLAR job of it. I bet this guy actually has chops to boot!

Comment

• Originally posted by GuitarFanatic View Post

My updated board.. I love it! [ATTACH=CONFIG]71999[/ATTACH]
          The board itself seems fine.

But what is the deal with back of the couch shot with the magazine under the smooshed soft case??? Plus blurry, bad lighting. Based on the quality of this photo alone I assume the board sounds horrible

Comment

• Who did NOT know Chris would hit it out of the park. Great board! Tidy, neat, choice boxes, right order, and look at the bad@$$ color Strat with a Wilkinson V100 trem!!!!

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post

I don't think it's changed for a while...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72528[/ATTACH]

Comment

• It GOES ON THE FLOOR!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by GuitarFanatic View Post

Arranged it differently this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And what is with the silver @$$ coaster on the chair?

So much "no"

Comment

• Originally posted by Gainstage View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72787[/ATTACH]
                This is just too damn long. I'll need to take a tram or something to get from the OD to the wah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                  It would help a lot if you could bring the pictures over.
                  Yeah, but I'm quoting and copying and that's what you get.

Honestly...I have read a couple of reviews and then clicked on the little arrow to go to the original pic....I think its even better to read the review, then look.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Here we go....I think you'll be surprised.

I really like the DIY/Workman quality about this.

Basic white lumber unfinished, metal unfinished and plain tape labeled boxes. Wah and noise down low, simple CU tuner. Ambience up top...splash of color with the two TC units. I was going to hate on the EHX unit, but I even like the fact that he didn't go all TC upstairs.
                    I'd love to have my Carbon Copy back in place of the Canyon, but it won't work in the loop. Strongly considering a CC Deluxe, but the EHX does sound all right, and I lost my last eBay bidding war for one.

Comment

• Ok, let’s get this going again. I just bought my my Ghostfire pedalboard from Amazon. Just like Pedaltrain, but this one has adjustable collapsing legs for when it goes in the case. Stands at an angle when using it and lies flat in the bag. Half the price of Pedaltrain and for what my needs are, a no brainer . Super light too.

Here is a pic of my recently completed board. I was waiting on my Plexi Drive to complete the setup. The only thing that won’t fit is my Marshall footswitch, but I don’t care about that. I am trying to decide on the tuning pedal I want and I think I can either fit it by making some changes or I’ll lose the Decimator. I may not need it as much as I thought. I’m thinking Peterson Stomp Classic or Polytune.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CE13B7B6-0575-4BEA-A364-71C326496B51.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	66.7 KB ID:	6054506
                      Last edited by Leon Of Late; 02-06-2021, 02:17 AM.
                      Play more guitar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leon Of Late View Post
                        Ok, let’s get this going again. I just bought my my Ghostfire pedalboard from Amazon. Just like Pedaltrain, but this one has adjustable collapsing legs for when it goes in the case. Stands at an angle when using it and lies flat in the bag. Half the price of Pedaltrain and for what my needs are, a no brainer . Super light too.

Here is a pic of my recently completed board. I was waiting on my Plexi Drive to complete the setup. The only thing that won’t fit is my Marshall footswitch, but I don’t care about that. I am trying to decide on the tuning pedal I want and I think I can either fit it by making some changes or I’ll lose the Decimator. I may not need it as much as I thought. I’m thinking Peterson Stomp Classic or Polytune.

Click image for larger version Name:	CE13B7B6-0575-4BEA-A364-71C326496B51.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	66.7 KB ID:	6054506
                        You buy an epic Plexi pedal and then skewer it with a Decimator afterwards. Make up your mind man! Do you want loud? DO YOU???

That chrome pedal looks hideous by the way on there. See the Vapor low key metallic? And there are those effing crayons looking boxes of pasteurized digital chorus and reverb. You put that crap with that Plexi pedal? I'm telling Wampler on you. Let's be real - this is a rock board. You only use one setting on the delay, chorus and reverb any way.

This board needs The Wampler, The Vapor Trail, A Waza CE-2, and an EHX Neo Grail. (Alternate Choices: Waza Dimension C and an EHX Ocean's 11 if you want to high end it.). reverbToss a Black Polytune up front. Now THAT would have been a board. But you went awesome, followed by crap mostly.

I should go into pedal board consultation.

Comment

• Hey Ace, I found a pic of a pedalboard in another thread that I think you can sink your teeth into:

Three delays . . . how's touring life with Bono going? :P
                          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

• Whos board is this it is horrible in so many ways. What is with the EVH P90 knock off. It reminds me of the poor kid that had to wear NOKEs or REEBACKs to gym class. There is so much delay on the board I get the feeling the owner might be developmentally delayed. The CF7 is telling me this guy can't pick a chorus to put on his board and roll with it. Time to commit buddy. I have no idea what that green piece of crap is in the middle of the board. The RAT is nice, I would suggest throwing the rest of the board and the trash and just rolling with The RAT.

Comment

• Well played gentlemen, well played!
                              I was wondering when you would find that! It's on page one of the original thread.

Comment

• Ok, after much tweaking and experimenting -I think I'm done with my gig board.

Ace, do your worst!

A couple of notes
                                • Pedal Placement IS NOT Pedal order -placement is based on which pedals interacted with during a song. (Tuner, Compressor, Delay, and Pitchfork are not touched during song)
                                • The Flint isn't always on there -it's for having Reverb and Tremelo when I'm not using my amps -like a backline situation where I can't trust the provided amps. When it's not on there it's usually a EHX B9 pedal or some crazy modulation pedal.
                                • The 3 most used pedals during a show are the 3 ones most accessible -Archer Overdrive, Channel Switch (Left side ) on Revival Drive and Tremelo engage (Left Side)
                                • Blue Tape is settings notes for if I've had a drink or 3.
                                • All cabling in tied down and doesn't move freely at all.
                                • The Origin Cali 1176 is the best pedal compressor I've ever tried (and I've tried a lot) if you want rich tones and harmonics to just off the amp -this is your desert island compressor.
                                • The Revival Drive is incredible -I don't know where to begin.
                                • MXR Tap tempo control is actually bolted to pedal board for solid tap timing with foot.
                                • I'm not really a "Strymon Guy" but the FLint's 61 Harmonic Trem is superlative, and after testing 7-8 power supplies, the Ojai was the quietest for digital pedal noise tested on a scope (kudos to Strymon)
                                • The Revival Drive and FLint sit way higher above in height than the other pedals -which is good as it is easy to stay on them and get to them quickly.
                                • All of the pedals fit inside the footprint of the board -if they appear to be hanging off -it's due to the foreshortening and fisheye of the camera shot from 6 ft above.
                                • Underneath are redundant power supplies in case of failure when traveling.
                                • I haven't added the extra large rubber grip feet on the underside yet -but I always do.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210208_212234.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	6055210
                                Last edited by NegativeEase; 02-08-2021, 09:34 PM.
                                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                                X