banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I use either dual lock (which come off cleanly but it takes effort) or 3M auto tape which is just as strong, and doesn't leave residue. I've also used zip ties, but if something goes wrong at a gig, you have to be able to cut them.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Rubber bands and the large twist ties from the produce dept.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Demanic View Post
        Rubber bands and the large twist ties from the produce dept.

I like Demanic's approach -because it's all thrift and smarts...... for me it's either this low key, no presumption at all -= or all the way to super integrated pro style tight as possible pedal board

No in betweens.

Death or Glory.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

• Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
          I started to sour on Velcro when I ripped most of the paint off the bottom of a pedal. I do not think anything else is really better.
          The dual lock stuff (and the 3m tape) don't leave residue. But there are always zip ties, too. The last board I build was out of a bamboo cutting board. I needed 3 pedals for teaching...I used dual lock. Some people line the bottom of the pedal with painter's tape before applying the sticker, so it is much easier to get off- just rip the tape off.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Put painters tape underneath the velcro and between your pedal enclosure. The painters tape peels off easy and leaves no residue and protects the paint and the velcro will stick to the painters tape.
            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

• I've had good luck with Gorilla Glue. Smear some between the board and the pedal and BAM! Those bastards aren't going anywhere.

Comment

Rubber bands and the large twist ties from the produce dept.

Ha!
                I noticed the blue rubber band on your board that you posted in the other thread. I got a little chuckle out of that. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudeman7 View Post
                  I've had good luck with Gorilla Glue. Smear some between the board and the pedal and BAM! Those bastards aren't going anywhere.
                  Great hair product as well, I hear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudeman7 View Post
                    I've had good luck with Gorilla Glue. Smear some between the board and the pedal and BAM! Those bastards aren't going anywhere.
                    Where is Demanic with his WTF? .gifs when you need him

Oh man, I've been known to hot glue knob positions down on the top side, but Gorilla Glue on the bottom? damn, that's next level.
                    Last edited by NegativeEase; 02-24-2021, 09:33 AM.
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Where is Demanic with his WTF? .gifs when you need him

Oh man, I've known to hot glue knob positions down on the top side, but Gorilla Glue on the bottom? damn, that's next level.
                      It's a solution for those who are very sure of their pedal order. :P
                      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

• Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

It's a solution for those who are very sure of their pedal order. :P
                        That isn't any of you....
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

The only thing I am sure about is that I am going to order a lot of pedals.
                          I see what you did there...
                          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

The only thing I am sure about is that I am going to order a lot of pedals.
                            Sig worthy -except no one will know the great double entendre pulled off on this day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post

That isn't any of you....
                              I'm very certain of my pedal order.

Comment

I'm very certain of my pedal order.

Does the certainty of the order of three cow pies in a field really matter?
                                Originally posted by Bad City
                                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                                X