banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Does the certainty of the order of three cow pies in a field really matter?
    That would all depend upon who's walking through the field.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudeman7 View Post
      This is what I've been using for my acoustic board lately: Click image for larger version  Name:	20210213_232931.jpg Views:	55 Size:	45.1 KB ID:	6059388
      THIS guy GETS it!!!!!

Look at this slick setup right here!!!!

#1 - Acoustic rig!!!!

#2 Sonic Research TURBPO tuner. right there it says 'I'm bad@$$, even when tuning an acoustic I'm turbo!"

Next - Cool @$$ frickin' BASS Di + OD for a preamp!!! with a purple chicken head knob!!! PIMP-TASTIC (Guitar guys - try an Analog Alien Bass Station...)

Uber-retro DOD Phasor

Boss DM-2 for the Warm repeats

And my Ace Approved Hardwire Digitech reverb!!!!

This man can acoustic duo with me any day!!!! Do you use that Phasor to play the intro to Shooting Star?????
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• Thanks man! It's a lot of fun to get weird with the acoustic.

Comment

• Comment

• The latest iteration. I've got the distortion on the Keeley Metalzone at 7 o clock. So it's basically acting like a second eq for the TT Mayhem. The compressor is on because I was playing my vintage setup Strat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Demanic View Post
              The latest iteration. I've got the distortion on the Keeley Metalzone at 7 o clock. So it's basically acting like a second eq for the TT Mayhem. The compressor is on because I was playing my vintage setup Strat.

OK - I am actually starting to appreciate this board. cleanliness, symmetry, and general sloppiness aside - at this point it is making a certain statement.

There are those who say "More is more" like YJM. This board, however, has appeal to me now on the level of "More is NOT enough"

This board says I like dirt. A lot of dirt. And I want more of it. More, more louder, now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Securb View Post
                This is shabby-chic in disguise.

This guy shows up with a Dracarys and an H9, but pretends not to be bourgeois by throwing it in a tangle of cables with an old Boss, MXR, and Ibanez pedal.

I'm not buying it.

Comment

OK - I am actually starting to appreciate this board. cleanliness, symmetry, and general sloppiness aside - at this point it is making a certain statement.

There are those who say "More is more" like YJM. This board, however, has appeal to me now on the level of "More is NOT enough"

This board says I like dirt. A lot of dirt. And I want more of it. More, more louder, now!
                  And I can add a Weeping Demon to the front of the chain. If I want that extra something something.

Comment

This is shabby-chic in disguise.
                    I am actually blowing this board up and going back to the Pedaltrain. I will post a photo for your approval when it is done.

Comment

• I couldn't get the image to upload, but my current rig is 3 DS-1s (one modded to be fuzz, one modded for high gain, and one is actually housing a modded SD-1 circuit), a MXR univibe, and a Dimension C chorus.

I also have a Bluesdriver that's currently eying the 3rd DS-1 spot
                      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

• Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                        I couldn't get the image to upload, but my current rig is 3 DS-1s (one modded to be fuzz, one modded for high gain, and one is actually housing a modded SD-1 circuit), a MXR univibe, and a Dimension C chorus.

How do you like that Dimension C?
                        I’be never tried one and I’ve always been curious.
                        I use the CE-1 stomp in the Kemper and it sounds really nice.

Comment

• The big thing about the dimension c is that it's "motionless" meaning that it still sounds like a chorus, but you don't have that weird pulsating thing that choruses generally do. The lack of controls is also a good selling point, every single setting sounds good and you don't need to fiddle around with trying to find them yourself using half a dozen knobs.
                          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

The big thing about the dimension c is that it's "motionless" meaning that it still sounds like a chorus, but you don't have that weird pulsating thing that choruses generally do. The lack of controls is also a good selling point, every single setting sounds good and you don't need to fiddle around with trying to find them yourself using half a dozen knobs.
                            This is why I've always loved the Dimension pedals- you get chorus without the wobbly out of tune thing. Sounds amazing in stereo.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Originally posted by Mincer View Post

This is why I've always loved the Dimension pedals- you get chorus without the wobbly out of tune thing. Sounds amazing in stereo.
                              I need to get another speaker cab, so I can hook my board up in stereo, to get the most out of the DC-2w and the Andromeda and Silver Lake.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

I couldn't get the image to upload, but my current rig is 3 DS-1s (one modded to be fuzz, one modded for high gain, and one is actually housing a modded SD-1 circuit), a MXR univibe, and a Dimension C chorus.

We all like to talk about our dreams. This thread is about people with actual boards. Don't come back without pics.

Stop talking to him about his imaginary chorus pedal. Don't encourage the rubes.

Comment

Working...
                                X