banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current incarnation of my home board and I’m really liking the Friedman pedals… they knocked the Bogner red and blue pedals off their spotClick image for larger version  Name:	1E748869-25F4-4510-91AE-077C6EE04CD4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	6143342 and the Waza Dim C is very cool.
    Last edited by d1dsj; 01-13-2022, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
      Current incarnation of my home board and I’m really liking the Friedman pedals… they knocked the Bogner red and blue pedals off their spotClick image for larger version Name:	1E748869-25F4-4510-91AE-077C6EE04CD4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	6143342 and the Waza Dim C is very cool.
      Very curious about what replaced the Bogner blue as I'm pretty close to picking a mini up.

Comment

• The Dirty Shirley replaced the Blue. I find it has a much more open, fuller tone and sounds more amp like even with the gain set low where to me the Blue sounded kind of flat and uninspiring, under my fingers at least? I’ve still got the Red and a La Grange (favourite of the 3) but sold the Blue.

Comment

Current incarnation of my home board and I’m really liking the Friedman pedals… they knocked the Bogner red and blue pedals off their spotClick image for larger version  Name:	1E748869-25F4-4510-91AE-077C6EE04CD4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	6143342 and the Waza Dim C is very cool.
          very nice - how do you use the PoT?

Comment

• Originally posted by playas View Post

Very curious about what replaced the Bogner blue as I'm pretty close to picking a mini up.
            The first problem with this is that the pic is not high enough resolution to easily decipher the pedals.

Freud would suggest this to be some sort of defense mechanism air work. I suggest you take a mother better pic. Please google glare/shadow photography before doing that.
            Last edited by Aceman; 01-13-2022, 09:24 PM.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• Revised my board quite a bit since the band situation changed. With this I can go DI, in to an amp, or both at the same time, thanks to the DSM & Humboldt Simplifier in the upper left.

Guitar goes in to the Phase 90, Compressor, OD-3 for light drive, 5150 OD for heavier drive, EP Booster for lead boost, Tuner, and in to the Simplifier. The 3rd Dimension, DM-2w, and Holy Grail are in the effects loop of the Simplifier in that order. No room for the Crybaby on the board so when I want to use it, it'll sit on the floor and plug in to the Phase 90.

I need to get a few more power cables, one to replace the B/R one off the tuner to the EP Booster, and patch cables to have extra on hand. Yup, powered by a Pedalsnake Snake Power block. Zero noise. Nothing overly complicated and gets the job done.

I may experiment with utilizing the direct out of the DM-2w, which is dry, to the other effects loop return to see how that sounds with both outputs of the Simplifier hooked up. Could make for a cool wet/dry setup.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_104626.jpg Views:	7 Size:	112.9 KB ID:	6143403
              Last edited by ErikH; 01-13-2022, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ErikH View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	image_104626.jpg Views:	7 Size:	112.9 KB ID:	6143403
                Oh man...now HERE is someone who does it right!!!!

Script Phase up front, because a fan of Phase Phirst
                The very flexible and cool, and underrated OD3...Like an SD, but like a BD, but neither....or both. Sort of. Love the even eq of those things!
                5150 for Bocephus time!
                And an EP booster to stand out in the mix a little. PERFECT!!!!
                Tuner at the end to tune and mute

I have never heard of this "Simplifier" thing....but damn I like it! Kind of like a signal central station. Straight to board, Amp or both! Sound guys must love that.

Comp is "always on" and out of way to tame gnarly guitars....I might have put the phaser after that - but on a board this right I'll assume the sound is preferable that way!!!!

TC 3rd Dimension for some Tasty DC-3 chorus tones on the cheap (relatively)
                A DM-2 Waza for longer analog delay awesome
                And we wrap it up with reverb. The EHX Neo - an Aceman often recommended - for just a simple space of spring, hall, or plate!

I bet you can do a wicked Eruption with that setup....

Bravo :handclap:

Very very well done!

Comment

The Dirty Shirley replaced the Blue. I find it has a much more open, fuller tone and sounds more amp like even with the gain set low where to me the Blue sounded kind of flat and uninspiring, under my fingers at least? I’ve still got the Red and a La Grange (favourite of the 3) but sold the Blue.
                  The D Shirley is amazing. I can’t speak to the pedal but the amp slays. At least my Kemper profile of that amp rips. It’s my go-to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

The D Shirley is amazing. I can’t speak to the pedal but the amp slays. At least my Kemper profile of that amp rips. It’s my go-to.
                    Yes - but how is the board he is using? Until we get some hi-def pics...we'll never know. I think someone is worried, now that they realize it already went wrong at the pic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Yes - but how is the board he is using? Until we get some hi-def pics...we'll never know. I think someone is worried, now that they realize it already went wrong at the pic.
                      Oh, we definitely need better pics. No doubt.
                      As far as the critique, I’ll leave that to your capable eyes.
                      Lol

Comment

Current incarnation of my home board and I’m really liking the Friedman pedals… they knocked the Bogner red and blue pedals off their spotClick image for larger version Name:	1E748869-25F4-4510-91AE-077C6EE04CD4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	6143342 and the Waza Dim C is very cool.
                        I know it's not my place, but this board gets it for me. Excellent pedal choices, especially those Retro Sonic Chorus and Delay units.

Cool board, nice job!

Comment

• Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                          Revised my board quite a bit since the band situation changed. With this I can go DI, in to an amp, or both at the same time, thanks to the DSM & Humboldt Simplifier in the upper left.

Guitar goes in to the Phase 90, Compressor, OD-3 for light drive, 5150 OD for heavier drive, EP Booster for lead boost, Tuner, and in to the Simplifier. The 3rd Dimension, DM-2w, and Holy Grail are in the effects loop of the Simplifier in that order. No room for the Crybaby on the board so when I want to use it, it'll sit on the floor and plug in to the Phase 90.

I need to get a few more power cables, one to replace the B/R one off the tuner to the EP Booster, and patch cables to have extra on hand. Yup, powered by a Pedalsnake Snake Power block. Zero noise. Nothing overly complicated and gets the job done.

I may experiment with utilizing the direct out of the DM-2w, which is dry, to the other effects loop return to see how that sounds with both outputs of the Simplifier hooked up. Could make for a cool wet/dry setup.

Click image for larger version Name:	image_104626.jpg Views:	7 Size:	112.9 KB ID:	6143403
                          That's a really nice board. I'd be happy playing that . . . maybe swap the Dimension for a flanger and try to stick a fuzz on there for my own personal preferences, but everything there right now looks great.
                          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudeman7 View Post

I know it's not my place, but this board gets it for me. Excellent pedal choices, especially those Retro Sonic Chorus and Delay units.

Cool board, nice job!
                            Yes - but in this thread, only my opinion counts.

The masses are easily swayed by fancy expensive baubles....

Comment

• I may need a special post for "Boards of Victory" for the few that really did a great job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Oh man...now HERE is someone who does it right!!!!

Script Phase up front, because a fan of Phase Phirst
                                The very flexible and cool, and underrated OD3...Like an SD, but like a BD, but neither....or both. Sort of. Love the even eq of those things!
                                5150 for Bocephus time!
                                And an EP booster to stand out in the mix a little. PERFECT!!!!
                                Tuner at the end to tune and mute

I have never heard of this "Simplifier" thing....but damn I like it! Kind of like a signal central station. Straight to board, Amp or both! Sound guys must love that.

Comp is "always on" and out of way to tame gnarly guitars....I might have put the phaser after that - but on a board this right I'll assume the sound is preferable that way!!!!

TC 3rd Dimension for some Tasty DC-3 chorus tones on the cheap (relatively)
                                A DM-2 Waza for longer analog delay awesome
                                And we wrap it up with reverb. The EHX Neo - an Aceman often recommended - for just a simple space of spring, hall, or plate!

I bet you can do a wicked Eruption with that setup....

Bravo :handclap:

Very very well done!

Thank you. I have the Phase 90 first for two reasons. 1. Yes, I like Phase Phirst. 2. It runs on battery only, it's the Custom Shop Script version, so I don't have to worry about unplugging another cable when packing it away.

The 3rd Dimension is actually a clone of the original DC-2, which has the push buttons and is analog. The DC-3 has 4 knobs on it and is digital. Similar sounds though.
                                The Holy Grail Neo I got at your recommendation. Glad I did. Excellent excellent reverb.

Eruption, Panama, Pour Some Sugar On Me, Plush, I'll Be Alright Without You, and a slew of other sounds.

There's some videos on YouTube that go over the Simplifier. It's a really cool unit. There's a Vox, Fender, and Marshall setting. Cab selections from 1x12, 2x12, 4x12. Adjustable mic positions. Full pre-amp with EQ, presence and resonance, power tube type emulation from 6L6, EL34, KT88. It quite literally replaces an amp completely, but as mentioned, the ability to run to an amp is there from the 1/4" outputs. Oh, and there's a headphone out with volume control too.

Comment

Working...
                                X