banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's REVIEW those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

That's a really nice board. I'd be happy playing that . . . maybe swap the Dimension for a flanger and try to stick a fuzz on there for my own personal preferences, but everything there right now looks great.
    Thanks. I almost put the BYOC OD-1 Clone on there in place of the OD-3 but I'm using the OD-1 with my real amp setup and the OD-3 works better here with what I'll be doing with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Yes - but in this thread, only my opinion counts.

The masses are easily swayed by fancy expensive baubles....
      lol….. fortunately I buy based on my own experience with pedals and sounds, much trial and error and what works with my amp of choice… price very rarely comes into! If it did I’m sure I could spend a lot more cash, but I buy for me and not to please the masses.

Comment

• Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
        The Dirty Shirley replaced the Blue. I find it has a much more open, fuller tone and sounds more amp like even with the gain set low where to me the Blue sounded kind of flat and uninspiring, under my fingers at least? I’ve still got the Red and a La Grange (favourite of the 3) but sold the Blue.
        Thanks, must check out the vids. Unfortunately unlikely I'll be able to try one out in person though.

Comment

• Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
          Current incarnation of my home board and I’m really liking the Friedman pedals… they knocked the Bogner red and blue pedals off their spotClick image for larger version Name:	1E748869-25F4-4510-91AE-077C6EE04CD4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	6143342 and the Waza Dim C is very cool.
          i could totally gig that. wheres the rotosphere in the chain and whats the expression pedal do?

Comment

• Thanks J, the chain is …..
            volume pedal/ Roto/ tuner/ chorus/ phaser/ dim c/ fuzz head/ BB pre/ PoT/ DS and Be into front of amp
            El Cap/ Delay/ Reverb and boost into effects loop.
            Whilst the Roto is a little noisy it’s a truly magnificent sound and it’s only at the very front for ease but it still works really great in that position. The board looks a little unorthodox but works very well and there are other pedals I can swap in and out.

I also have a small rehearsal board that has a Wah/ Tuner/ TC JP and La Grange into front of amp and then another Retro Sonic Delay and volume boost into loop all powered by a pedaltrain rechargable supply.

I must also add, honorary mentions must go to Gearjonser, Mr Jolly, Wahwah, Jeremy and a few other very knowledgeable folk on the forum who over the years have shared their first hand experience with us all. Hence I am in a very good place with their guidance and my own trial and error. Such a shame some of these most excellent people aren’t around much now!
            Last edited by d1dsj; 01-14-2022, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by playas View Post

Thanks, must check out the vids. Unfortunately unlikely I'll be able to try one out in person though.
              To date the DS is my favourite dirt pedal bar none. It has a fantastic range of tone and gain, sounds very amp like into a clean amp I.e not boxy if that makes sense? I have other dirt pedals too.. Bognor Red, Clon Clone, Timmy, Crunchbox, some Boss pedals but the DS is my favourite because it’s so flexible. I’m going to get a Friedman Small box at some point but not in any Rush.

I let a mate borrow the DS and he was amazed, ordered one straight away. Well worth the risk of buying sight unseen or rather sound unheard IMO.

Comment

• Have I posted this one before? Regardless.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Last edited by Demanic; 01-14-2022, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• Oops, damned glasses. I meant this.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post

My son, we all struggle against the temptation of cheap tone. We are distracted and deceived by Satan, and his minions; Boss, MXR, Ibanez, and others. We spend our dollars saved elsewhere on food, housing, clothes, and other earthly trappings. But to truly create a heavenly sound, we must set these things aside, to purchase from the tonal apostles; Strymon, Earthquaker, Empress, Origin, Source Audio. This is how we show our love - in exquisite pristine holy tone.

There are many things we don't like - but often those that are good for us taste the most bitter. The Tumulus Deluxe and El Capistan will do.

Play "Oceans" three times, and fix your board. Jesus loves you and God loves you. You know this because God created Strymon. Do not forsake his heavenly tonal gifts. You are forgiven.

As soon as that Sugar Tone is gone and a Strymon box shows up on there.
                    Father Aceman, I have returned.

I sold a bunch of pedals to finance:
                    - Mandatory Strymon: went for el Cap
                    - Meris Mercury 7
                    - Jackson Audio Golden Boy

I now go stereo and have a stereo DI but could have the dry cab signal straight from the cab m to DI as well and do dry/wet-ish.

I also added a DD5 because it's worship approved. I use it to do a short stereo delay to emphasize the stereo more. It can also work as secondary or pure digital delay. And a Muff because the Golden Boy covers all low to mid gain and boosts so I just need a lead / over the top dirt to complement it.

The MS3 can tap the tempo in the DD5 and change the Golden boy settings.
                    Last edited by Blille; 01-15-2022, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• I freaking love it

Comment

• Originally posted by Blille View Post

- Meris Mercury 7

I now go stereo and have a stereo DI but could have the dry cab signal straight from the cab m to DI as well and do dry/wet-ish.

I also added a DD5 because it's worship approved. I use it to do a short stereo delay to emphasize the stereo more. It can also work as secondary or pure digital delay. And a Muff because the Golden Boy covers all low to mid gain and boosts so I just need a lead / over the top dirt to complement it.

Two compressors?
                        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

• Also, how many hail marys does it cost you each week to have a pedal called 'muff' on your board?
                          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

• Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                            Also, how many hail marys does it cost you each week to have a pedal called 'muff' on your board?
                            I've had one for quite some time and never had a problem. I have thought about it though
                            Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                            Two compressors?
                            Yes. One is a Ross circuit in a mild setting at the beginning (but I can squish more if the song calls for it) the other at the end is a VCA trying to get more of a studio sound. Like you would do in a recording.

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                            I freaking love it
                            Mine? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

- Meris Mercury 7

Nice, you are going worship the **** out of the lord with that setup!
                              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

- Meris Mercury 7

OK - I like the progress I'm seeing here! this got tight!! I like it...

Here we go:

So...I'll hit the +/- in order as I see them.

- Is there not a compressor in the MS3? The off center factor and mini size is just painful on that SP.

- I still see the Skreddy. Pompous overpriced phaser is obnoxious. And I hate the color. Seafoam is not a phaser color.

++ Double plus for the Golden Boy! Excellent non-klon!!!!! While not my suggested pedal, I don't really keep up with these things, but I am familiar with that. Superb! Dirt AND Boost.

0 The big Muff Triangle. I'd ask for explanation, but whatever.

+/- Electronics - I like the knob change - but I would say try some basic black knobs or something. The Blue is obnoxious - even if high vis.

Now...that front row - WOW.

+++ El Capistan - Strymon FTW (For The Worshipping!)
                                ++ DD5 - I did not know DD5 was Worship approved. Cool. That said - the DD5 is a Boss underdog and a GREAT digital delay (That said. DD7 rhymes with Heaven). That it runs off the MS3 - super cool.

+++Finally - Mercury 7? The Reverb on God's microphone isn't that good!!!! Excellent.

Lot of Ohm-bee-once in those three!

This board is now pretty tight.

That is two - count'em two winners in a row. My work here has not been in vain. You are forgiven my son!!!!!

(Still think the price of that Skreddy is blasphemy....)

Originally posted by Bad City
                                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                                X