Looking for a small yet versatile setup for church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
    All you guys playing Line 6 need to go to church often and repent. I kid I kid. Line 6 jokes..

GuitarJr, What about a Boss Katana 50 with multi channel, interface and modeling? You'd get live sound, simplicity and great sounding amp.

With the new Nextones and Katanas out now -the older ones are CHEAP -used for sub 150.00 -new for 230.00
    I hadn’t thought of that. They are probably a good option but I’d like to try to go the amp less route (I know a floor wedge isn’t exactly amp-less).
    All of the other players are amp less but have IEM.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post

As Erik said, yes. For good IEMs, check these out - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use them and like them better than my Westones that I paid a lot more for. If you've never used IEMs, it does take some getting used to but if everyone else is using them, they are probably using a PreSonus Earmix system or similar, so you probably will need to use them because the mix is thru that. We don't have any monitor sound on stage and we are behind the mains, so If I take my ears out, I can hear the mains but it's bouncing off the back wall so it's not very accurate.
      Those IEM look great...thanks for that link.
      I had a pair of Shure SM215(?) a few years back, and the vocals sounded pretty good but the guitar and bass etc sounded like they had a tin can for an amp. Lol
      How does your guitar tone sound through these?

Comment

Ibanez Weeping Demon -> Death by Audio Evil Filter -> Pepers Pedals Satanist Distortion . . .

. . . straight into the church mixing board should get you there.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

A few years ago I went to see a buddy’s band play and he asked me to come up and sit in on a song. He had a small Blackstar amp that he ran direct to the board.
          There was a very noticeable latency happening. Is there any thing like that happening with the fly rig?
          Nothing that I notice.

Comment

Latency will depend on how they are routing the signals, ours goes pre-fader from the board to the monitor system and I don't notice any latency.

Those IEMs sound good, your guitar is not going to sound like playing through a great amp in a great room. Mine sounds great (for direct) through my Kali monitors on my desk at home, when playing through the IEMs I just need to make sure I can hear myself enough to play the songs, it's not going to be like playing through real amps live in a room. Again, it does take some getting used to.

Comment

Bang for the buck I still think your best quality option is the Line 6 HX Stomp. A lot of church folk use them or they jump up to Fractal's or Kemper's. The IEM thing is rough. You will have to find a "special blend" you can live with to make things not sound so terrible. A hair of delay and reverb helps to dust the sound and liven it up some.
              The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                Bang for the buck I still think your best quality option is the Line 6 HX Stomp. A lot of church folk use them or they jump up to Fractal's or Kemper's. The IEM thing is rough. You will have to find a "special blend" you can live with to make things not sound so terrible. A hair of delay and reverb helps to dust the sound and liven it up some.
                You’re probably right but I’m not paying $600. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

You’re probably right but I’m not paying $600. Lol
                  How much were you hoping to pay?
                  The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

No Strymon? Face the lake of fire.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

How much were you hoping to pay?
                      Well, technically I already own enough gear to assemble a setup. But I wanted to try to go amp-less and just make a very small setup. That’s why I was thinking fly rig. Which is half of the price of the line 6.

Don’t get me wrong, $600 for an “all I need†pedal isn’t all that much but if I’m being honest, right now I don’t have a spare $600 to throw at this. That’s why I’m being a cheap ass....ha!
                      Last edited by Gtrjunior; 01-20-2021, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                        I know you’re trying to make a joke, since you’ve already made this joke about church players and their high dollar setups in a variety of threads in the past, and now twice in this thread but if you don’t have any useful input....move along, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                          Sorry, Gjr -I giggled.

I have an Iridium -if you want to try it out -I ship it to you for a few weeks.
                          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Sorry, Gjr -I giggled.

Just looked up the Iridium. That looks pretty cool. Nice form factor, though I would be OK if it was a little bigger so they could put 2 XLR Outs on it too.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post

Just looked up the Iridium. That looks pretty cool. Nice form factor, though I would be OK if it was a little bigger so they could put 2 XLR Outs on it too.
                              Yeah, agree, it's excellent -sound's incredible
                              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Sorry, Gjr -I giggled.

No worries. I occasionally find him mildly amusing too.

Comment

Working...
                                X