No announcement yet.

Looking for a small yet versatile setup for church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you already have pedals, why not get an Atomic Firebox? Pretty nice, small and cheap. Here's a clean/blues Vox tone, but Satchel is touring also with one (5150 model) so it sounds good for heavier stuff:
    Global: http://atomicamps.com/amplifirebox/In Australia: http://shop.independentmusic.com.au/ampli-firebox/Palir Guitar: http://www.palirguitars.com/product/...

If you need more pedals, then a Line6 Pod Go is nice and a single solution contrary to a FlyRig.

Comment

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
      If you already have pedals, why not get an Atomic Firebox? Pretty nice, small and cheap. Here's a clean/blues Vox tone, but Satchel is touring also with one (5150 model) so it sounds good for heavier stuff:
      Global: http://atomicamps.com/amplifirebox/In Australia: http://shop.independentmusic.com.au/ampli-firebox/Palir Guitar: http://www.palirguitars.com/product/...

If you need more pedals, then a Line6 Pod Go is nice and a single solution contrary to a FlyRig.
      Well....that sounded pretty amazing.

Edit: just checked out the larger units they offer. These look really amazing. That’s for the heads up in these. I had no idea they even existed.
      Last edited by Gtrjunior; 01-22-2021, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Just made an offer on Reverb for the Amplifire 12.
        Fingers crossed. Lol

Comment

Good luck, the Atomic stuff sounds great, I had a Amplifirebox for a little while, it is more of a pain to program IMHO. If you get it, let us know how you like it!

Comment

He denied my offer. I asked what his bottom line is. Waiting for a reply.
            His asking price is reasonable enough but hey, I need to try to get a deal!!

Comment

I use the Amplifire Box for a year or so. They make great stuff. Good luck with your deal.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

We came to an agreement on the Amplifire 12....$385.
                It’s only a little more than the $300 that the fly rig costs and I think the Amplifire has more under the hood so to speak.
                He is also including some presets and IRs he purchased.

Now, I just need to learn how all this crap works!! This is my first foray into the modeling world.

Comment

That is a great deal, and they do sound good, let us know how it works out for you!

I only use a couple of patches on my GT-1000, they have a clean and dirty amp in each so I can basically switch between in one patch. It's total overkill for me, hence why I'm looking at building a pedalboard around an AMT pedal if I ever get around to it. I'm still old and analog (except for delays and reverbs).

Comment

Very cool snag. Their modeling is stellar.

The appeal of the Fly Rig to me was not only the form factor but the ease of use, feature set that matches my needs, XLR out, and affordable. I can swap between it and my real amp interchangeably without much fuss if I need to.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post

The appeal of the Fly Rig to me was not only the form factor but the ease of use, feature set that matches my needs, XLR out, and affordable. I can swap between it and my real amp interchangeably without much fuss if I need to.
                      That kind of attracted me to the fly rig too. I know a guy that has one and I’ve played through it and yes, easy to use.
                      When I was told about the Amplifire and checked it out on YouTube it really ticked all the boxes.
                      I can probably play with this as-is in the church band. No additional gear needed.
                      For my regular rock band I might need a wah.

Comment

This is pretty small:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rbc View Post
                          This is pretty small:
                          Man, that pedal switcher is sweet, it's like a pedal for blind and drunk people trying to make fx changes on stage. Love it.
                          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post

It also sounds great with external pedals. I use an SD 805 Overdrive before mine.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

It also sounds great with external pedals. I use an SD 805 Overdrive before mine.
                              That it does. I use a MXR EVH 5150 Overdrive before mine now and have used a Boss OD-3 and EHX Soul Food with great results.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                                Iridium Pedal will do the trick just fine.

But if you want an incredible amp that has a Classic Tweed Deluxe Channel and a Plexi channel in one light and super loud combo (30 Watts) and only 31 pounds.

(warning it's pricey -1500+ new ) https://www.vintagesoundamps.com/pro...lack-tweed-30/

It's a nice last amp you ever want to own type of amp.
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 7.02.48 PM.png Views:	74 Size:	146.2 KB ID:	6049382
                                Those are sold down here at Blues Angel's Music where Jon Langraph (?) The pedal guy was a amp tech there for years
                                local company
                                I believe they are getting mojo tone kits and building them with their logo
                                I could be wrong

Nice amps though

Sound good
                                Bit pricey

my buddy has been strung out with gass for the Amplifire box
                                But it doesn't sound like an amp in the room
                                It sounds like a miked amp in another room

And those are on the verge of extinction
                                The iridium and Walrus Audio version of the Iridium
                                Those are the state of the art at the moment

Last edited by ehdwuld; 01-24-2021, 11:41 PM.
                                EHD
                                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                                X