Looking for a small yet versatile setup for church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

Those are sold down here at Blues Angel's Music where Jon Langraph (?) The pedal guy was a amp tech there for years
    local company
    I believe they are getting mojo tone kits and building them with their logo
    I could be wrong

Nice amps though

Sound good
    Bit pricey

I thought it was great sounding and would have bought it except the price -I was looking for light combo gigging amp to put in a road case and ship or check -and it is too nice for that -At 900 -I would have.

as for the kit, could be -but if so they are only using portions of the kit as there were several OEM things with their name on it and original things too. So certainly or a portion of it could be a kit.

Honestly, for a gigging amp you would buy or for selecting backline from a line from the club or festival -I dare anyone to say that can't get what they need from the typical options -Fender Deluxe, Twin, or JCM or Mesa.... between those 4 you can get to an reasonable facsimile of most tones and those always the standard in backline and rental -only difference is they may also have a Vox, and may have the Orange Amp versions of these 4 (that's common today, because Orange is the only amp company out there sponsoring backline, events clubs and artists with real vigor these days).. Unless you are super clean solid state Jazzing maybe then you go DI, IR, or bring a little SS of course.

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

That kind of attracted me to the fly rig too. I know a guy that has one and I’ve played through it and yes, easy to use.
      When I was told about the Amplifire and checked it out on YouTube it really ticked all the boxes.
      I can probably play with this as-is in the church band. No additional gear needed.
      For my regular rock band I might need a wah.
      Get an expression pedal, it will come in handy, and you can program it to be a volume and wah when needed. On my GT-1000 the exp pedal is set to be a volume and the toe switch, which is actually not a switch but a position just past the soft stops, switches it to a wah. I don't use a wah much in church, but I use the volume pedal all the time.

Comment

I use the GNX foot pedal on mine to swap between amps
        toe is Marshall
        heel is Fender

or sometimes to acoustic sim

I love what the modelers can do
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

You could get a badass little 1x10 or 1x12 cabinet and this little badass modeler AND Amp in one pedal... and have both worlds...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 5.30.55 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	190.2 KB ID:	6051160
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post

Get an expression pedal, it will come in handy, and you can program it to be a volume and wah when needed. On my GT-1000 the exp pedal is set to be a volume and the toe switch, which is actually not a switch but a position just past the soft stops, switches it to a wah. I don't use a wah much in church, but I use the volume pedal all the time.
            Good to know. Can I program the expression pedal to control various parameters in other effects as well? Like delay, phaser etc...
            Like a way to control the repeats or speed of the modulation?

Comment

Good to know. Can I program the expression pedal to control various parameters in other effects as well? Like delay, phaser etc...
              Like a way to control the repeats or speed of the modulation?
              Yes, it can control different things in different patches and depending on the exp pedal and the Amplifire, probably has a toe switch setting so it can do 2 things.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                You could get a badass little 1x10 or 1x12 cabinet and this little badass modeler AND Amp in one pedal... and have both worlds...

Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 5.30.55 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	190.2 KB ID:	6051160
                Problem with those "amp in a pedal" is the power supply is bigger than the pedal itself and a pain to integrate with the rest of the setup. Seymour Duncan was smart having the power supply inside the Powerstage 170/200. EHX 5mm is also nice with 9v input which is more pedalboard friendly, with advance in technology maybe we will see a 50w version soon.

Comment

Ok, so what expression pedal(s) are we using?
                  The Mission Engineering look nice if a bit pricy.

Comment

Originally posted by donaldr View Post

Problem with those "amp in a pedal" is the power supply is bigger than the pedal itself and a pain to integrate with the rest of the setup. Seymour Duncan was smart having the power supply inside the Powerstage 170/200. EHX 5mm is also nice with 9v input which is more pedalboard friendly, with advance in technology maybe we will see a 50w version soon.
                    Yeah, I only suggested the Quilter version because I know it sounds great.... I haven't heard the others yet. You likey?

Comment

For going direct to board:

You could:

AMT 2 series stomp (cab sim out 1/4")

If you wanted more flexibility, add:

Two Notes Torpedo CAB M+ (speaker iR, power amp sim, 2x mic sim with XLR output)

You can insert FX of choice between the two like so:

AMT 2 series
                      |
                      FX
                      |
                      CAB M+
                      |
                      mix board/FOH

Alternatively, add a power amp and speaker for that kind of rig.

Comment

Ok, so what expression pedal(s) are we using?
                        The Mission Engineering look nice if a bit pricy.
                        Depending on your budget, I would something like the Dunlop Volume X or mini Volume X. Either one can be used as an expression pedal.

Comment

Yeah, the Dunlop Volume X is a good choice. I use mine with either a Line 6 M9 or HX Effects.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                            Yeah, the Dunlop Volume X is a good choice. I use mine with either a Line 6 M9 or HX Effects.
                            Originally posted by DKSEARS View Post
                            Depending on your budget, I would something like the Dunlop Volume X or mini Volume X. Either one can be used as an expression pedal.
                            I’ll look into that.
                            Thanks.
                            Luckily for me I don’t need it just yet, so it gives me some money saving time. Lol

Edit: just looked it up...,that’s a reasonable price.

Comment

It depends on what you are wanting to do, the Mission SP-1 has a wah style switch built in, so you could use it as a volume, then click the switch so it changes to a wah (or delay time, gain, whatever), and vice versa. That is one of the best uses of an expression pedal to me. I haven't used the Mission or the Dunlop, so if the Dunlop has a switch, ignore me, but something to think about.

And, it's only $10 more than the Dunlop -https://missionengineering.com/shop-2/products/expression/multi-use-exp/sp-1/

Comment

I got the Amplifire delivered yesterday and I set it up through my laptop.
                                Well...it’s “ok” but it’s a LONG LONG way from a real tube amp.
                                Now I realize I still need to learn how to adjust it properly. I’ve been watching Leon Todd’s YouTube channel since he seems to be able to dial in a great tone.
                                But it’s just not “there”.
                                I also tried hooking it up to a Mackie Thump 12” speaker and again...just ok.

I downloaded the editor and of course I can’t get it to run. It’s not seeing the Amplifire as being connected. The laptop readies the devise and then says it’s ready but the editor just doesn’t recognize that it’s connected. I messaged Atomic on FB about it but haven’t yet heard a response.

Comment

Working...
                                X