Looking for a small yet versatile setup for church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by devastone View Post
    The quality of the models should be as good as the Kemper's profiles, the Amplifire stuff is pretty highly regarded, but the interface isn't the best. Definitely interested in hearing how it works for you.

I'm starting to go the opposite way, since I only use a couple of sounds, and am old and have an affinity for knobs, I'm putting together a pedalboard around an AMT Series 2 or SS pedal preamp (I have a P2 and a B2, and may pickup an S2). The built in cab sim on those is pretty good, granted, I haven't sampled dozens of IRs like a lot of guys, but it works for me, or might pick up a Digitech CabDryver or something to put on the board. I like the convenience of the GT's small footprint, so will probably play with both for a while and see what is more fun and productive to use. I will admit I get bad option anxiety with any of the modeling units.
    For kicks, check out the Neunaber Neuron pedal. It is amazing and does a ton of things.
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

That sounds like a cool setup. You should be able to get what you need from it.

One of the other reasons for me to want to move away from an amp and cab is the “I’m getting old” thing. I just don’t want to lug the gear around anymore. Lol
      Yep, the GT in a gig bag is nice, just walk in with 2 bags on my shoulder. I gave up 4-12s years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogner View Post

For kicks, check out the Neunaber Neuron pedal. It is amazing and does a ton of things.
        If I come across one I will. Lots of great pedal preamps out there. I used to use a AMT SS-11b, has 2 12AX7s running at full voltage, great sounding preamp, might have to look for a deal on one of those again if I commit to the pedalboard.

Comment

Working...
        X