Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack_TriPpEr
    replied
    Also, i found this pic i had taken of when I measured the power draw of the M9 using the TrueTone mA Meter. Also note that I was powering the M9 via the CS12 unit's Power Tap #11, which per the pic in my last post, is a DC output type.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    I must've read those same threads. My M9 has been easily powered by my One Spot (with the L6 adapter plug) for a few years.

Leave a comment:

• Jack_TriPpEr
    replied
    I owned an M9 for a couple years, up to Year 2020. I also own a Truetone mA Meter. I used the mA Meter to measure the power draw of the M9. Power draw of the M9 was 575 milliamps.

While the power adaptor that comes stock with the Line 6 M9 is an AC output type, I found a couple sources indicating that the M9 can be powered by a more typical, DC output power adaptor. The first is a thread on the Line 6 Community Support Forum where someone says this is possible because the M9 has a AC to DC rectifier in line right after the power input jack. Here's the link to that thread: https://line6.com/support/topic/2659...ents-ac-vs-dc/

The 2nd source indicating this is the owner's manual for my TrueTone CS12 isolated power supply unit. See attached pic of Pages 3 and 4. Page 4 has a note saying that the M9 can be powered by CS12 power taps #10 and #11. The diagram of those Power Taps on the prior page labels those power taps as DC type.

I did in fact successfully power my M9 via DC power tap on the CS12 for awhile. I decided to sell the M9 last year.
    Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 01-26-2021, 09:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ewizard
    replied
    According to a post on TGP: At 9V DC Line6 M9 draws approx. 600mA, when powered with 12V DC it draws 480mA and at 15V DC the current is 430mA

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    The M9 doesn't actually use all that power. The power supply is rated that high, but the M9 actually uses much less.
    I think that’s the trouble. There are differing reports of how much it draws. I’d be leery of overdrawing the joyo power supply.

This thing would answer your question.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied
    Originally posted by TMD View Post
    It’s a lot when you’re a power supply with three “high-current” outputs of 500 mA each.
    I know how much 2 amps is.
    I was razzing you.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    The M9 doesn't actually use all that power. The power supply is rated that high, but the M9 actually uses much less.

Leave a comment:

• Little Pigbacon
    replied
    It’s a lot when you’re a power supply with three “high-current” outputs of 500 mA each.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied
    That's only 2 amps. Hardly all of it.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Little Pigbacon
    replied
    Holy freakin’ Jim-Bob! That’s not just a lot of current; that’s just about all of it.

Leave a comment:

• superpete
    replied
    i believe the power supply is the px2, which is 2000mA

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Try a current doubler on the two 500ma outputs.

Leave a comment:

• Little Pigbacon
    replied
    But that still doesn’t tell us how much current the M9 draws at 9 volts. I suspect it will be more than 500 mA.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    That should work fine. Line 6's polarity is reverse of everyone else's, so you might need a cable to reverse it.

Leave a comment:

• Little Pigbacon
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	383E7518-9163-4814-B5D3-969247EB52FA.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	6050663My One Spot is rated to 1,700 mA. That’s a lot of room to exceed the 500 mA capacity of this:

Last edited by Little Pigbacon; 01-23-2021, 03:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X