Question for owners of the Line 6 M9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for owners of the Line 6 M9

What is the output rating (in mA) of the power supply for your M9?

Click image for larger version

Name:	C670B8A2-DACB-4269-87D7-AB9E9CC96307.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	6050496
    La plouc

Mine's at the studio so I don't know. Mine is powered by a One Spot, though. No other pedals sharing the power- don't need anything else.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	383E7518-9163-4814-B5D3-969247EB52FA.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	6050663My One Spot is rated to 1,700 mA. That’s a lot of room to exceed the 500 mA capacity of this:

Last edited by Little Pigbacon; 01-23-2021, 03:52 PM.
      La plouc

Comment

That should work fine. Line 6's polarity is reverse of everyone else's, so you might need a cable to reverse it.

Comment

But that still doesn’t tell us how much current the M9 draws at 9 volts. I suspect it will be more than 500 mA.
          La plouc

Comment

Try a current doubler on the two 500ma outputs.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

i believe the power supply is the px2, which is 2000mA
              Quality riffs in about a minute...
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Holy freakin’ Jim-Bob! That’s not just a lot of current; that’s just about all of it.
                La plouc

Comment

That's only 2 amps. Hardly all of it.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s a lot when you’re a power supply with three “high-current” outputs of 500 mA each.
                    La plouc

Comment

The M9 doesn't actually use all that power. The power supply is rated that high, but the M9 actually uses much less.

Comment

Originally posted by TMD View Post
                        It’s a lot when you’re a power supply with three “high-current” outputs of 500 mA each.
                        I know how much 2 amps is.
                        I was razzing you.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          The M9 doesn't actually use all that power. The power supply is rated that high, but the M9 actually uses much less.
                          I think that’s the trouble. There are differing reports of how much it draws. I’d be leery of overdrawing the joyo power supply.

This thing would answer your question.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

According to a post on TGP: At 9V DC Line6 M9 draws approx. 600mA, when powered with 12V DC it draws 480mA and at 15V DC the current is 430mA

Comment

I owned an M9 for a couple years, up to Year 2020. I also own a Truetone mA Meter. I used the mA Meter to measure the power draw of the M9. Power draw of the M9 was 575 milliamps.

While the power adaptor that comes stock with the Line 6 M9 is an AC output type, I found a couple sources indicating that the M9 can be powered by a more typical, DC output power adaptor. The first is a thread on the Line 6 Community Support Forum where someone says this is possible because the M9 has a AC to DC rectifier in line right after the power input jack. Here's the link to that thread: https://line6.com/support/topic/2659...ents-ac-vs-dc/

The 2nd source indicating this is the owner's manual for my TrueTone CS12 isolated power supply unit. See attached pic of Pages 3 and 4. Page 4 has a note saying that the M9 can be powered by CS12 power taps #10 and #11. The diagram of those Power Taps on the prior page labels those power taps as DC type.

I did in fact successfully power my M9 via DC power tap on the CS12 for awhile. I decided to sell the M9 last year.
                              Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 01-26-2021, 09:14 AM.
                              Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Working...
                              X