MXR Analog Chorus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MXR Analog Chorus

Anybody keen on this pedal? I think it’s special.

Attached Files
    La plouc

It's not a bad pedal at all. My buddy has one and loves it. I think there are better pedals out there for sure but they also cost more.
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I have the big yellow 134 model, 18v version. If this sounds similar, it's one of the ultimate choruses.

Comment

I heard that it is the same as the discontinued Zakk Wylde chorus MXR used to make. Don't know if that's true in real life or not.

Either way, I can't imagine a chorus tone that I couldn't find in that box.

Comment

Ive had them all and the Analog.man Mini Chorus is the best.
          Word.

Comment

If you are talking "best" and are willing to pay a little money then you absolutely have to consider the Free The Tone Pedals (everything they make is fantastic). Additionally, Neunaber puts out some of the best pedals I have heard. They sound incredible and won't completely break the bank. That Free The Tone Chorus is absolutely incredible sounding.
            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Well, that’s the same price I paid for my Throttle Box EQ. So it’s possible.
              La plouc

Comment

that mxr is a great chorus...i had the Zakk Wylde version but sold it because i hate bullseyes.
                Quality riffs in about a minute...
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Originally posted by superpete View Post
                  that mxr is a great chorus...i had the Zakk Wylde version but sold it because i hate bullseyes.
                  Why did you buy it, if I may ask?
                  La plouc

Comment

Originally posted by TMD View Post

Why did you buy it, if I may ask?
                    i was working at a guitar store and won it in a sales contest.
                    Quality riffs in about a minute...
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

It’s a nice warm chorus but nothing fancy. It sounds great with my AC 15 and my PRS Custom 20. I prefer it to the Way Huge Aquapuss and it’s much warmer than the Boss Chorus Ensemble. If you want a basic no fuss chorus pedal on the cheap, you could do worse. I’m sure Analogman, Keeley, Wampler and JHS make better pedals, but they start at two bills.

Comment

I keep forgetting that $90 is a cheap pedal now. You’d think I’d have time to get used to it.

Oop, wait, it was $90 when I bought it a year ago. It’s $100 now.

Like I was saying, I keep forgetting that $100 is a cheap pedal.
                        Last edited by Little Pigbacon; 01-30-2021, 08:13 AM.
                        La plouc

Comment

Sorry, the Aquapuss is a delay and the Blue Hippo is a chorus. If you want a brighter pedal, go with the WayHuge.

Comment

Working...
                          X