NPD: What's 9v and makes me throb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD: What's 9v and makes me throb?

I FINALLY snagged a Demeter Tremulator!!!! Being cheap, and this thing being awesome, it took a while. Finally hit one at my price!!!

I now have four of my personal vintage Tremolos of the Godz:

Diaz Tremodillo (Yellow on Red - for those in the know)
    NoblesTR-X Tremolo
    Dunlop Stereo Tremolo (Original Big Box)
    Demeter Tremulator!!!

This thing is Throb-O-Licious after playing for just a few minutes...

This is not the extreme first version (these have colored plastic tops on the knobs), but is still, I believe a 1st gen second run, with Marshall style knobs. They change over time....

+ Super heavy / Sturdy
    + 80 BPM to a neck-breaking 200 BPM
    + A +6db boost when depth on "0"
    + No perceptible throb when off
    + Awesome bias Fender tone
    - Penis style dc power adapter hole

I really like this one!!! If all you need is classic Fender speed/depth - this is throb-tactic!

Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

I'm just glad you put a "v" in the thread title.

Comment

Wow - 24 looks, no likes? You people are like the first couple of weeks of a Corona outbreak: No class.....

You have no idea about this Tremolo, do you?

Comment

that is a great trem for sure. never tried the nobles, whats different about it? my tremodillo is green and yella, an older one i think but i dont know a ton about em. other than its awesome

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          that is a great trem for sure. never tried the nobles, whats different about it? my tremodillo is green and yella, an older one i think but i dont know a ton about em. other than its awesome
          Nobels has some cool shape switches.

oOn the Green & Yellow - Indeed sir! Have you popped it open to see Mr. Diaz' autograph?

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
            Wow - 24 looks, no likes? You people are like the first couple of weeks of a Corona outbreak: No class.....

You have no idea about this Tremolo, do you?
            I use tremolo once every 18 years or so. But I know Demeter is a good company. I've used their studio recording preamps.

Comment

What tunes do you tend to use it for?
              I tend to prefer chorus or phasing. Now, if I can tap tempo with it...

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                What tunes do you tend to use it for?
                I tend to prefer chorus or phasing. Now, if I can tap tempo with it...

In the band we use one for Still of the Night to sim the string section interlude. But I use my Zoom G3 for that.

I just love playing with tremolo.
                Last edited by Aceman; 02-02-2021, 06:20 AM.

Comment

I have to admit, some of those Ventures tunes sounded pretty cool with them. Or Link Wray.

Comment

Cool find. That’s one of the original “must have” tremolo pedals. It’s got an opto coupler right?

Did you ever have the Mooer that was supposedly based on it? I’d be curious how close they sound.
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                      Cool find. That’s one of the original “must have” tremolo pedals. It’s got an opto coupler right?

Did you ever have the Mooer that was supposedly based on it? I’d be curious how close they sound.
                      Wasn't there an old amp that used a circuit that actually lowered the voltage in the power section of the amp? I'm thinking it was something by Fender.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                        Wasn't there an old amp that used a circuit that actually lowered the voltage in the power section of the amp? I'm thinking it was something by Fender.

Yes, the bias tremolo in quite a few Brownface amps as well as the Princeton Reverb? (Jeremy will have this info )
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

That's right - real Opto baby!

Biggest win was it was very close to $100. As we know, I'm a cheap mofo....

And yes - I have a Moeer Trelicopter. Soon as I get the vid situation straightened out....which I worked on last night!

Comment

Working...
                          X