Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Mini Pedals

Hello everyone,
    Anyone rocking these little things? I'm thinking of trying them out. I'm a long time Boss Modulation pedal user and I also use a Boss ES-8 for switching 4CM.
    I don't have a Phaser or Flanger as those 2 effects I barely ever use but thinking of working those things in. I already have Chorus , Reverb , Delay that I like and don't want to replace so I just want to add the Phaser and Flanger Mini pedals.

What do you guys think of them compared to all others offered?

Phaser: Get the MXR Phase 95 - Script & Block versions of the 90 and 45

Flanger: Get a TC Vortex Mini or a Mooer E-Lady
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Interesting response , have you tried the Ibanez Mini pedals?

Comment

Nope - and don't care to. While Ibanez made Phasers and Flangers, in the "Big World" no one ever ran out saying I NEED THAT IBANEZ Phase, Flange or Chorus for that matter.

Ibanez makes rock solid gear, and the engineers that make that stuff make to sound like the big boys. See the Tube Screamer Mini or AD9 for examples. Those I have played. They are as expensive, or more so than other pedals that do the same or more.

Now - the MXR Phase 90/45, or the EHX Electrec Mistress? Those are Iconic Phase and Flange pedals.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          no one ever ran out saying I NEED THAT IBANEZ Phase, Flange or Chorus for that matter.
          Maybe not you. Lots of people chased the Ibanez pedals especially in the 90s

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
            ... in the "Big World" no one ever ran out saying I NEED THAT IBANEZ Phase, Flange or Chorus for that matter.
            Umm... https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...uy#post6052551

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Maybe not you. Lots of people chased the Ibanez pedals especially in the 90s

OK - that vid did nothing to explain that anyone was "chasing" Ibanez Chorus pedals. Everyone and their mother made a two knob chorus pedal.

The only thing that made them a big deal was the fact that they were part of the 9 series. So if you bought a Tube Screamer or a DS9, you also got an Ibanez Chorus - for the very same reason I have a Washburn Stack In A Box and a Washburn Stereo Chorus.

Screamer? Definitely
              Analog Delay? Hell yes
              Sonic Distortion? OK
              The Chorus is maybe (and that's a stretch) distant 4th
              Flanger? 4 knobs and works as well as any other. But it isn't an MXR, an AD/A or any such thing.
              Ibanez Phaser? Pffft
              Ibanez Compressor? WhoTF cares

Ibanez pedals were popular - why get an Ibanez Mini Pedal is the question. The answer is don't - there are bigger and better Phasers and Flangers out there. The MXR 95 kicks the @$$ of ANYTHING in that zone Ibanez made. Even YOU use an Ibanez Mini Flanger I believe...which is not that mini, but relatively speaking. The Ibanez Mini Flanger doesn't even have all four knobs.

Comment

You might be shocked to find out not everyone shares your taste in pedals or pink Reebok sneakers.

Comment

If you are considering the Ibanez mini pedals then you might also want to check out at the Maxon vintage models (the size of od808).
                  They are obviously not as small as a mini, more like the MXR size. You probably already know this but; Maxon originally designed/built most of the Ibanez stuff .

edit; The Maxon vintages are very light too. I think they are thin steel casing though, not aluminum like some of the new MXRs.
                  My older MXR stuff is much heavier then the Maxon vintages. Weight can really matter if it's on a big board that goes places.
                  Last edited by dave74; 02-14-2021, 02:00 AM.

Comment

I have a TS mini on my board and I like it. It is a version of the TS 808. I expected it to be a TS9. It's great though. It bothers me so much that the LED is very dim though lol
                    "On another day of the week I might have a 24th fret but this is a grown ups guitar" - Guthrie Govan

Comment

Working...
                    X