banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Line 6 HX Fx or Pod Go or Delay/Mod/OD pedals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 HX Fx or Pod Go or Delay/Mod/OD pedals?

I'm looking to replace my Eleven Rack. I like it but there's no more USB drivers coming up for new macOS versions and I want to explore the IR route.
    So I got a used Atomic Firebox 2-3 weeks ago. I want to use it as a real amp: 2 channels + 2 lead sounds with effects (presets and 2 footswitches on the unit for that). That's the way I'm using my 11R anyway.

Now I need to add some effects. I never had a pedalboard (yes but only for my simple bass rig). My needs for effect are pretty basic (apart from my lead tones that are already covered in the AFB): delay ala Pink Floyd, a phaser/flanger, a wah and I would like a looper. I was thinking getting 3-4 pedals but the price of them (and I'm not talking about the process of auditioning 50 pedals to settle on 3!!!) get me to the same price as a multi-effects. Since I have the AFB I don't need amp/cab sims but being able to use an acoustic IR is a plus. Not really loving the Line 6 amp modelling but I was eyeing a Line 6 Pod Go to use as a pedalboard or a Line 6 HX Fx. Don't want to build a big pedalboard either so if I get pedals they need to fit on my small Outlaw Nomad.

Totally a bedroom guitar player but sometimes I take my 11R or my Katana for a jam with friends.

What are your opinions?
    Line 6 Pod Go or Line 6 HX Fx or pedals or other options?

PS: Used market is very very small here.
    PPS: I already have a PA to connect my rig.
    PPPS: I might get a Bluguitar Amp1 in a near future that will take the place of the AFB when I want a real amp feel.

Also consider the Line 6 M9, as those sound really good, too. You already have the Amp modeler, so you don't need a unit with them. I do like the HX FX if you need more than 3 effects at a time.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Was looking for the M9 (even considered an M5) as I only need 1-2 effect at a time.
      M9:
      - no effect loop for 4CM
      - no USB audio
      - need an additional OD pedal if I place it after my modeller
      - no IR loader
      - unbalanced output
      - dated converters?
      + small and fit on my pedalboard
      + tuner
      + midi
      + available in used market

The M9 is around $300 here in the used market. I might get a Pod Go for around $500 which I think has better specs (but no midi).

Comment

The M9 sounds great, easily as good as the HX Effects. BTW, both the M9 and HX Effects don't do USB audio or amp sims/IRs. If you need any of that, go for the HX Stomp instead.

Comment

The POD Go lacks the routing flexibioity and MIDI. The HXFX lacks USB AUDIO.

What you need is definitely the HX Stomp, it will do 4CM and you can still add another 7 effects.
          Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Yes, the HX Effects is just an effects device...the USB is only for editing (the software is pretty great).

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
              The POD Go lacks the routing flexibioity and MIDI. The HXFX lacks USB AUDIO.

What you need is definitely the HX Stomp, it will do 4CM and you can still add another 7 effects.
              Yeh, might go with the HX Stomp and add 2-footswitch pedal.

Anyone compared to Boss MS-3?

Comment

Well, the HX Stomp is coming out in an XL version with a few more switches. It has all the amp and effects as the Helix (and HX Effects).
                Click image for larger version

Name:	line6.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	6054636

Comment

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
                  Yeh, might go with the HX Stomp and add 2-footswitch pedal.

Anyone compared to Boss MS-3?
                  The MS-3 also has limited routing flexibikity and no USB Audio.
                  Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Just bought a Line 6 HX Effects yesterday. Should work well with the Atomic Firebox and/or my next guitar amp (Bluguitar Amp1 or Mesa Recto-verb 25).

Comment

Congrats! The HX Effects is a pretty wonderful device. Make sure you have the latest update as they've added several effects recently.

Comment

Working...
                      X