banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Echoplex EP4 restoration - a last little bit of help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echoplex EP4 restoration - a last little bit of help...

Recently, I took a punt on a mid-70s Echoplex EP-4 Tape Delay that was listed as Non-functioning on Reverb. It was definitely DIRTY but, after a deep and thorough cleaning, I’ve been pleasantly surprised to find that, with a fresh tape cassette, the mechanics and circuit work fine - I have repeats that dreams are made of!

I have one final thing to do, however... the interior cover, marked with the Echoplex logo, with a slot for the delay time slider, was MIA when The seller received the unit and, though the unit works just fine without it, I’m looking to a) turn up an OEM piece; b) identify an after-market replacement seller; or c) have one manufactured.

I’ve been in touch with several of the gurus in this space - who have been very, very helpful and gracious with their time - but it doesn’t look like option b) is a flier.

So, before I start measuring and drawing up manufacturing plans, I thought I’d play the “6-degrees-of-separation” game with you - do any of you have, or know someone who has an original Echoplex EP cover just sitting around looking for a good home?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

good luck. if i was in your shoes, id have one 3d printed or something

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      good luck. if i was in your shoes, id have one 3d printed or something
      I think that’s where it’s going to end up - though I’m also going to see if there’s something off the shelf that is close enough.

Comment

its a pretty unique thing so id guess if you can find an old one, itll be pricey, and id be surprised if there is a big enough market for someone to make a modern replacement

Comment

Might be a long shot, but I would try calling a company that's known to own one, like Universal Audio, and chat them up and see if they would be kind enough to give you the measurements to cut/print your own replacement piece.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
            Might be a long shot, but I would try calling a company that's known to own one, like Universal Audio, and chat them up and see if they would be kind enough to give you the measurements to cut/print your own replacement piece.
            Already on it!

Comment

Working...
            X