No announcement yet.

How do you store pedal adapters/stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you store pedal adapters/stuff?

I had purchased adapters out the wahoo for most every pedal I ever bought.. I recently switched to one spots and such.. But I have prolly 50 plus adapters, Multi surge suppresors etc... I have them all in a lil chest in my music room . All had been ok, aside from the fact I'm trying to weed out excess stuff.. till today. Shhhhhh.... My wife doesn't like me drinking.. and with my health issues, I shouldn't be. Plus. with my faith.. But since my son passed and ongoing probs with a couple of my daughters, I hit the sauce to cope.. Any how... oft store cans in my crate with all my pedal power stuff.. (no pedals were hurt, but one of the cans had a split and leaked all over in my crate.. #Q^#&*%*%@*&%@*!!! Trashed my new Onespot box and got some adapters wet... (wiped em up and tossing box.) luckily doesnt look like anything got into the multiport adapters in there... But.. I was just wondering if any of you all have any better methods for storing adapters, cables, power strips?
    I have like 40 adapters on the bottom.. all nicely laid out and all the cords nicely bundled up.. I have a layer of cardboard and then the power strips and couple of 20 space strips and then another layer of cardboard and my cables/ etc.

Prolly a good method aside from my stupid butt putting liquids in it...( Hanging my head is shame....) Meaning yes, I know storing liquids in there is a bad idea, so please dont state the obvious.. haha I just am curious if anyone has a very creative way to store cables and all.. With one spots, I wish I could sell off adapters, but probably not much market. Again, I bought one for nearly every pedal I had.. Plus power strips ect.... And, Have nice straps for nearly every guitar I owned,,, Stupid huh?? So I have like 30 straps sitting dormant. I have one one the two guits I normally play and because of my back issues, oft jut use the widest one and share tween the two... was so stupid back then.. Ugh
    Thanks ya'll
    Last edited by BloodRose; 02-19-2021, 03:00 PM.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Get a plastic bin from Walmart, toss it all in there and put it in the garage. Done.
    As for the sauce, I hope you can find another way to cope. Now is the time to come together with the family and work through it all together. I'm sorry you're going through tough times.

Comment

Don't beat yourself up my friend. Course correct and move forward. You can do it!

Anytime I am worried about separation or things getting tangled etc I put stuff in ziplock bags if I don't have original boxes. If I am storing anything dust or moisture can get into, I cover the input jacks with painters tape. Keep them safe and clean and doesn't leave marks or residue. Maybe it will work for you as well. For labeling, I just permanent sharpie the bag and all is well.
      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Bags, labels, masking/painters tape, sharpies. Labeling my adapters helped tremendously. I hate having to try a bazillion adapters to find the right one. And they're constantly breaking from neglect. You wrap the cable around the brick, and it eventually shorts. You lug it around, some little part inside eventually breaks.

But then I built a pedalboard (after 25 years of playing music!) and included a dedicated power supply on it. Looking forward to *no more adapters*

Might be able to offload some straps on here, or post on Craigslist/Facebook and offer them for free. Some new guitarists may love to get a strap and save some bucks!

Unusable adapters should be recycled if possible - an electronics recycling place is ideal vs just tossing it in the bin. Best Buy often takes electronics recycling for free.

It is indeed a weird time and the backdrop of covid-19 makes things even harder to deal with. Substance use and domestic violence have been increasing across the board. So know that you're definitely not alone in your struggles... but also know that shouldn't be an excuse to overindulge too much.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
        http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Hey man, hang in there, every day is a another opportunity.

Have a big plastic tub (the flatter kind, not deep) and I have all the adapters wrapped up, rubber banded then tagged with painters tape to indicate what it is.

You’ve gotta do a purge too, any cables that are bad, adapters for stuff you don’t have anymore, etc. just get rid of it. The best thing about the latest generation of pedals is that they are all 9V center negative... the Voodoo Lab powers all of them and I don’t need a bunch of adapters. It’s those old Electro Harmonix ones that use 48V and 24V and weird AC that are a pain!

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Plastic bin, and inside that is ziplock bags with an individual adapter in it. The bag either has a sticker with where the adapter belongs, or I write on the bag itself. Humidity is bad here, and the plastic bags keep the adapters looking great, even if stored in the shed (mine aren't now, but I've had a few years where they were).
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks for all the input! I regretted posting the personal stuff after I did.. Thanks Erik H for chiming in... I know.. Ive gotta get that dealt with... Appears most of the other info has been similar. I DO have most of the adapters marked with sharpies as to what pedals they are for. And even if not, I can research to find what voltage goes to what pedal.
              I do have a layer of adapters on the bottom, each cord nicely bundled with a twist tie. (Im very anal retentive about my gear) So I dont have tangle mess in there. Then have a cardboard layer separating the adapters from my old power strips. And then a cardboard layer separating cables and such.. So guess Im on the right track.. AND, they are currently inside in a climate controlled environment.. Mincer, Yeah, also in FL, so deal with humidity too..
              Alex1fly, Yes, Also have a strap issue. I have a plastic container full of them.. I had a stupid number of guitars for awhile. AND, I had everyone set up with straplocks and its own nice strap. So now I have a bunch of nice straps, (most all are leather) that I prolly need to move out...
              I still have about 5 guitars I really need to sell. But I am STILL having problems getting photos uploaded to list them.. Photobucket was sooo easy for me, but when they started charging, had to move on.. Cannot figure how to get em from new site to ebay yet.. (name of new site eludes me at moment) Its causing me tons of stress tho...
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I just have a drawer.
                ---------------------------
                The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Literally I throw it all into a milk crate under my desk in a giant heap
                  "On another day of the week I might have a 24th fret but this is a grown ups guitar" - Guthrie Govan

Comment

Working...
                  X