banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ampeg Classic Analog Bass Preamp Pedal for Guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg Classic Analog Bass Preamp Pedal for Guitar?

Ever since playing through my first Bassman, I love using bass amps for guitar. Especially with a dirty gritty fuzz. I am wondering if I could use this Ampeg preamp to get that effect. I am guessing it would play nicer with my JC120 than my JCM 2000 seeing the Roland is more neutral. Has anyone played with one of these pedals in the wild? Is my idea off base?

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    Ever since playing through my first Bassman, I love using bass amps for guitar. Especially with a dirty gritty fuzz. I am wondering if I could use this Ampeg preamp to get that effect. I am guessing it would play nicer with my JC120 than my JCM 2000 seeing the Roland is more neutral. Has anyone played with one of these pedals in the wild? Is my idea off base?

Have not, but I bet that thing is HOT... Sansamp/Tech21 is king for this IMO -but Ampeg has every right to claim their rightful space here!
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Yep, I was also thinking it might make a great boost especially while giving the bass a lift (Maximum Gain +18 dB).

Comment

I'd like to try a Sansamp or Ampeg. I'd really like to try an Aguilar. But I'm so happy with the sound that I get from the Peaveys that I play through, I just can't justify the expense right now.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
          I'd like to try a Sansamp or Ampeg. I'd really like to try an Aguilar. But I'm so happy with the sound that I get from the Peaveys that I play through, I just can't justify the expense right now.

I've wondered about Aguilar myself.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Were you running it direct with a moniter?

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

I don’t know this pedal, but from the functionality here, it looks like the preamp section of their SCR-DI pedal (which also has the Scrambler distortion circuit).

That pedal has other functionality in terms of ins and outs - but let’s talk about the preamp.

Bottom line, I’ve tried many bass preamps (for bass) and this one sounds amazing direct into a power amp - just brings the bass to life and makes it sound like, well, that Ampeg sound we know and love. The EQ is really useful - and the two push buttons shape the curve just as you would expect.

For bass, I’m a massive fan, though I haven’t tried guitar through it - I’ll try and do that tomorrow at the store and see how it works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I read an article where Analog Alien Bass Station was used for this....they loved it.

Looks just like my SCR-DI, but pedal only not DI. I'll try it. Go for it.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                X