banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first distortion pedal: Green Ibanez, not a tube screamer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first distortion pedal: Green Ibanez, not a tube screamer?

I got it in 88/89?. My amp was a cheap peavey 2x8/10? chorus thing with horrible distortion.

I remember actually liking the pedal and frankly my gear chase over the next ten years didn't really net me a better overall tone. Through that peavey it sounded like a hot marshall (in my mind). The pedal, from memory had white/grey knobs, graphics.

I'd like to find one for nostalgia.

Let me reiterate, it wasnt a Tube Screamer. It was a legit distortion.

I think it might have been a Distortion Charger.
    Last edited by Top-L; 02-27-2021, 07:25 PM.

SD-9 maybe?
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

It was a DS-10 Distortion Charger. Nothing to see here. Except they are not cheap used.

Comment

This one

EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

What is this. To make pedals now you have to be a comedian?

Comment

This

or this:

Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I never tried either of those. What do they sound like? I remember the ads at the time, but all I remember trying was the TS10.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'd just get the maxon version if I was getting. (if we are talking about sd9)

Comment

If you get an SD9 get THIS! These are way cooler than a standard SD9. SD9 is decent distortion, in the DS-1 zone. That said - when you have the standard/more Gain switch, and the Standard/Boost mids switch - really great pedal. One of my favorite newer Distortions, super flexible.

Comment

That is cool Ace. I didn't even know about this version.

Comment

damn i thought yours was the same as mine...the Ibanez MS10 Metal Charger!
                      Quality riffs in about a minute...
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                        If you get an SD9 get THIS! These are way cooler than a standard SD9. SD9 is decent distortion, in the DS-1 zone. That said - when you have the standard/more Gain switch, and the Standard/Boost mids switch - really great pedal. One of my favorite newer Distortions, super flexible.

I have that one too. The gain range is very wide with the Gain Switch. I'm not sure if Ibanez makes them anymore.

Comment

I almost think of it as an Overdrive to Dirt all in one....Do you NEED a TS( if you have this?

Normal gain, lower knob, hit the mid switch and TS9 on with your bad self.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                            I almost think of it as an Overdrive to Dirt all in one....Do you NEED a TS( if you have this?

Normal gain, lower knob, hit the mid switch and TS9 on with your bad self.
                            I never compared it directly with a TS9. I was wondering what the differences are.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

I never compared it directly with a TS9. I was wondering what the differences are.
                              Later tonight...

Comment

Working...
                              X