Suggestions for a new power supply.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for a new power supply.

I need a new power supply for the board I am doing. I need a good bit of out puts. I don’t plan on doing a big board but I rather have the extra power and not need it than end up needing it later on and not having it.
    I also need some 12 and 18 volt outputs as well. So far my main choices are cioks and the true tone 1-spot pro 12.
    who has experience with either of these brands? Any pros and cons to either.

I use an MXR ISO-Brick for that. It has a couple 18v and a couple where you can vary the output. What uses 12v exactly? Looks like the 1 Spot has 12v, and Strymon has a power supply with 12v

Last edited by beaubrummels; 03-01-2021, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      I use an MXR ISO-Brick for that. It has a couple 18v and a couple where you can vary the output. What uses 12v exactly? Looks like the 1 Spot has 12v, and Strymon has a power supply with 12v

I grabbed one of these recently for the same reason - flexibility in power options. Haven't used the variable settings much, but it worked fine when testing my vocal processor that takes 12v.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
      http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Strymon
        Cioks
        Eventide (Cioks)
        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I picked up a cheap Chinese one from Amazon supposed to arrive Tuesday.. it has I think 10 outputs, 9,12,18. I'll let you know how it goes. It was only 30 bucks
          "On another day of the week I might have a 24th fret but this is a grown ups guitar" - Guthrie Govan

Comment

I have the Trutone 12 and have been happy with it so fsr
            1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
            Jackson Soloist 7 string
            ESP LTD M-400
            Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

I’ve been looking for a while at power supplies; I have a cheap Donner one, but figured I might get something better.
              The One Spot CS12 has been on my radar for ages, especially as it can run a Whammy 4 with the 9v AC output. But then I replaced it with a Whammy DT, so that’s not an issue.
              The Rockboard ISO Power Block V16 is another one I’ve been looking at, along with the Palmer Universal Power Supply PWT12. Unfortunately I don’t have experience of either.

Comment

Working...
              X