banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strangest/Ugliest Guitar Pedal industrial design, graphics and appearance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strangest/Ugliest Guitar Pedal industrial design, graphics and appearance.

I know appearance isn't performance -so keep this thread light plz.... Let's poke fun at pedals that may be way over thought or no thought given to the industrial design, graphics, details and over all presentation. Skip pedals that have a funny name like "P*ssy Melter" if nothing else about the design doubles down on this with the layout, shape etc etc.

Here's my first submission Line 6 JM4 Looper

- I think I like everything about this except the chrome footswitches and the dumb vestigial classic Line 6 fake heat sink things on the sides.
    The whole package has a unique feel for sure -to me there extreme success and failure in this pedal

-overall it has a aftermarket catalog chromed up lowrider car feel to me -doesn't appear to be stock, almost like a teenager dolled up his guitar pedal because he wanted to impress a girl.

Also, I find it funny that a looper pedals is the size of 4-5 pedals.

Last edited by NegativeEase; 03-02-2021, 07:50 AM.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

This is a weird pedal . . . the main reason for the high prices is that it shows plasma that changes in intensity when you play guitar. Sound is fine . . . does your typical gated fuzz effect. The whole point of the pedal though, is to look down and giggle at the light show. :P
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Yeah, as looper pedals go, it wasn't a good one. Their DL-4 is a more creative pedal.
      I always thought that this series of Peavey pedals was hideous. Bad colors, bad designs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	peavey_pedals_001.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	6061683
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The BBE pedals are ugly but sound amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

This is a weird pedal . . . the main reason for the high prices is that it shows plasma that changes in intensity when you play guitar. Sound is fine . . . does your typical gated fuzz effect. The whole point of the pedal though, is to look down and giggle at the light show. :P
          For another thread, but my father built a plasma arc speaker with me in the late 80s. but to scale it up to Guitar Amp volumes would require intense energy
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            Yeah, as looper pedals go, it wasn't a good one. Their DL-4 is a more creative pedal.
            I always thought that this series of Peavey pedals was hideous. Bad colors, bad designs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	peavey_pedals_001.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	6061683
            Jesus, those are hideous. I've never seen them before.

Comment

I know these are good TS style klone abnd such pedals, in fact I set up a pedal board for a player you guys would all know -who swears by them.

but this thing kills my eyes despite any ergonomic functional features this shape may tout.

It looks like some crap Joe Bonamassa would slap his name on and sell in his webstore, cruise ship gallery, or merch table to me.

Last edited by NegativeEase; 03-02-2021, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                This thing. The concentric pots on the front of the pedal. No. It is a huge PITA. I sold it.
                Ha. also cat claw detail vacuum formed into the plastic!!

Kind of Amazing also.

Comment

I mean, the original Rat is ALL FUNCTION no FASHION -so it's hard to knock

but this.... just ,.....

Comment

On the fence on this Ibanez Vai one...

I mean this is so far the other way -it becomes amazing again... I bet it's f'in hot.

Someone notify Steve Dallas ASAP

Last edited by NegativeEase; 03-02-2021, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X