NPD: New Plexi Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD: New Plexi Day!

So, as much as I have been a Dirty Little Secret fan....this just caught my attention and I had to have it!

Also, my first Wampler pedal. Love it already!!!!

Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Nice. Great pedal. If you can, try it at 18v. The additional headroom really makes it sound great!

Comment

Didn't know they made a mini. Any difference in sound/quality from the full-size?

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
        Nice. Great pedal. If you can, try it at 18v. The additional headroom really makes it sound great!
        I was running at 9v - but I may want to try that for use with high output pups.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          Didn't know they made a mini. Any difference in sound/quality from the full-size?
          Never owned one. I suspect not - YouTube will say I'm sure. Plexi vs Deluxe vs Mini or some such vid.

The one vid that I noted said that with the deluxe, you have more options...perhaps too many. Here it is more/less bass, more/less mids, rock on. Part of why I like it. Same as the DS9M I mentioned recently.

I think I like low bass + mids.

Great sound either way!

Comment

Nice man! What amp do you play it through? Just curious. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats, his Plexidrive circuit is a modern classic. Enjoy!
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Nice pedal. You would probably love the new Carl Martin Plexiglas pedal.
                The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarmusic View Post
                  Nice man! What amp do you play it through? Just curious. Congrats!
                  Right now, it is running into the clean channel on a Marshall VS100. Obviously a very "Marshall" amp, but not very Plexi. I might play hot through anything, but candidates include:
                  - H&K Tubemeister18
                  - Fender Pro Jr.
                  - Peavey Express 112

Could be swapped for my Mooer Solo on my mini board....

Comment

I run mine thru my Fender BDRI (hot-rodded), and it sounds really good!

Comment

Working...
                    X