banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midi and switcher users I need some help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midi and switcher users I need some help.

I am looking for a switcher that will work with my timeline and a wampler terraform I am ordering. I know strymon makes a 3 button switcher for the time line. But I am wondering if there is something I can use with both pedals to call presets? I don’t use many effects together so it would be good if I could control them independently.
    or do I have to have a controller for each pedal? It would also be helpful if I could call up presets with a switch without having to scroll. I have never used midi or a switcher before this is all new to me.

Might be a bit overkill, but BOSS MS-3 does exactly what you want and more. If the devices you have can respond to more than one midi channel and if one of them has a midi thru port you can daisy chain them. Or you can use one of the existing 3 effects loops for standard in-out. ES-5 or ES-8 are a similar concept, with more loops and no built-in effects.

Comment

Do you want a switcher to put all your other pedals in and switch in/out by preset? In that case I love the ES-5/ES-8 and MS-3. An alternative that’s cheaper is the Joyo PXL-Pro, it has 8 loops and MIDI as well.

If all you want to do is dip your toes into MIDI presets, a Behringer FCB-1010 is a good (but big) starting point.

At its most simple, you can use the Timeline to send MIDI PC messages to the Terraform.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I looked at the boss MS-3 locally. I considered getting it over the terraform but read the flanger snd phaser aren’t that good. And those are 2 of the main effects I am wanting. My board is pretty simple
        really just a tuner, wah, boost, diezel vh-4 preamp pedal and time line.
        as far as other effects I use chorus, flanger, phase and tremolo. I don’t really want to have to buy 4 pedals and more cables. So I am wanting a good sounding multi effects to use for those. I’m more of a set and forget person so I just want to be able to switch presets on the time line and multi effects easily. Since one so used to individual pedals.
        when I had my helix I ran it in preset and stomp mode.

Comment

Mincer , what do you think of the FCB-1010 for this?
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            Mincer , what do you think of the FCB-1010 for this?
            Well, it works well for this, but it *is* huge. There are much smaller controllers available these days, and if I was using my midi rig a lot, I'd probably switch the Behringer out, just because of the size. They *are* cheap, though, and you can get firmware chips that greatly expand what it can do.

The OP just needs a midi pedal that can send program change messages on at least 3 channels. I would think one that can send CC messages would be good, too, but that isn't important if you just want to recall presets. Lots of small ones out there. Sweetwater has a list of the most popular, but there are smaller ones out there by smaller companies if you do some digging.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The Boss stuff is excellent. I love my ES-8. One Control, RJM, are solid options as well. There are a lot of choices available. It all comes down to what you need it to do and how much do you want to spend.
              The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Working...
              X