No announcement yet.

A/B loop switching pedal (buy or build)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/B loop switching pedal (buy or build)

I’m after a pedal that does the following:

Input
    Send A
    Return A
    Send B
    Return B
    Output

Single footswitch. One of either Loop A or Loop B is always active, footswitch selects between them.

Any thoughts?

i dont know of one that does that, though im sure there is one, but it wouldnt be hard to build it

Comment

Doesn’t the switchblade do that? I don’t remember if it’s MXR or who makes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Boss LS-2 does.

Building it with a 3PDT stomp switch should be easy too.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

What about something like this?

The BigShot EFX is a true-bypass effects loop switcher that lets you set up two separate effects loops and insert them into your pedal chain at will.

Radial Engineering products are very good quality and looks like it is 99.00 at Sweetwater.

Comment

The One Control Black Loop 2-Channel Loop Switcher might be what you need:

Get the guaranteed best price on Switch Effects Pedals like the One Control Black Loop 2-Channel Loop Switcher at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

Comment

My preference was for the One Control White Loop Flash 2-Channel Switcher Pedal. It allows bypassing the loops.

Attached Files

Comment

The Boss LS-2 is great, but overkill for what I want.
                The One Control is the closest I’ve seen, but I was under the impression each switch only controls its own loop, so turning one loop on would not turn the other off.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post
                  The Boss LS-2 is great, but overkill for what I want.
                  The One Control is the closest I’ve seen, but I was under the impression each switch only controls its own loop, so turning one loop on would not turn the other off.
                  There is the Black and the White, one is flip/flop the other is independent.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

There is the Black and the White, one is flip/flop the other is independent.
                    Brilliant, I only read the spec for one. Thank you. They are not too expensive either, so I will probably grab one. Cheers.

EDIT: have checked their site, the white one has a switch to toggle which loop is selected, and a switch to bypass both loops. That’s what I wanted and what I’d hoped for too. Thank you.
                    Last edited by CaptainWhizz; 03-17-2021, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post

Brilliant, I only read the spec for one. Thank you. They are not too expensive either, so I will probably grab one. Cheers.

EDIT: have checked their site, the white one has a switch to toggle which loop is selected, and a switch to bypass both loops. That’s what I wanted and what I’d hoped for too. Thank you.
                      Great, it should work well for you!

Are you going to flip/flop drives with it like rbc ​​​​​​?
                      Last edited by PFDarkside; 03-18-2021, 07:22 AM.
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Sort of. The Blue Moon Phaser is kind of touchy when it comes to levels in conjunction with distortion. I guess the phaser effect really sets off the distortion harmonics.

I put it off on it's own loop paired with the Distortion III matched to keep the clean/overdrive/distortion levels even.

It's more likely that I would go from clean to distortion during a song. I'd choose between the GT-OD or Distortion III, depending on the song.
                        Last edited by rbc; 03-18-2021, 07:52 AM.

Comment

To switch between preamps on a pedalboard amp setup. Put the preamp section of the pedalboard amp into one loop, one or more AMT preamps in the other.

Comment

So, I finally made up my mind. Muziker had the Hotone Britwind reduced to about £20 lower than anywhere else, and also had the One Control Minimal White switcher, plus the Rockboard ISO 16 power supply, and the Digitech FS3X footswitch to provide additional control to my Whammy DT or Rubberneck. As they charge for postage (but even with postage they were the cheapest), I bought everything at once.

When it all arrives, I will have everything I need to finish my pedalboard (although I may squeeze an overdrive/ boost/ EQ on), as well as what I need to make my floor amp- the Britwind set up with the One Control and an AMT preamp to give me a 3-channel amp I can fit on a smallish board. I believe that the reverb in the Britwind is after the effects loop, so that’s handy. The only thing I might need to look at is getting a clean boost pedal to go last in the signal before the effects return, so I can get a pure volume lift for leads. Not a big issue though.

Comment

I love my white loop minimal!!

Comment

Working...
                              X