I guess I'm a chorus pedal guy now -thanks -you bunch of ******

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I'm a chorus pedal guy now -thanks -you bunch of ******

Well, I was a little unhappy with my single note tones at full volume with a loud group -it was lacking enough body/fullness if I brought out enough bite and brilliance in the mid top to have the intelligibility I wanted -as I'm doing a lot of walking around and riffing against a wall of bass and another guitarist's chordal assault.

After much experimentation, I added a rack mount Boss Chorus unit without pre delay of heavy effect -after my second OD (before delay, Trem, Reverb) and just added in a subtle touch of chorus and boom -thick tone in all 3 pickup positions with all 3 gain conditions I use and the chorus doesn't sound like chorus as an effect yet.

I know this is an old trick, but it really solved my needs.... no plans to cart around rack gear -so I guess I'm in the market for a chorus pedal for this purpose -small footprint is a bonus as it will be an always on pedal at the amp that is not interacted with during a gig.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Look into what Keeley has to offer.
    They have something called a Seafoam for not a huge amount of money. And it's about the size of their other older pedals.
    Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Last edited by Demanic; 03-19-2021, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Pedals that have a detune function can achieve what your doing with the rack gear.
      You set to detune negative on one side and positive on the other.

Comment

I’d look into the CE-2W and DC-2W first.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I'd just get a CH-1 and call it a day.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
            I'd just get a CH-1 and call it a day.
            What sucks is I owned 3 classic Boss Chorus pedals that I sold last year, I have never used them and nobody was asking to use them. May be circling back
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              I’d look into the CE-2W and DC-2W first.
              That W designation gives me a chubby -I sold a new in the box black screw CE-2 last year .

I had it mostly because a flea market didn't know what they had.

Comment

I'm telling you, I would get the Seafoam. And considering the prices I saw them going for, I just might.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                  I'm telling you, I would get the Seafoam. And considering the prices I saw them going for, I just might.

I'll def check it out.. Thanks!

Comment

If you just need a touch then any cheapo chorus should be able to deliver that

Biyang
                    Mooer
                    Joyo

I love lush washes of chorus
                    Joyo wont do that

The Aqua Chorus from Biyang does
                    Last edited by ehdwuld; 03-19-2021, 09:12 PM.
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Neunaber makes the best chorus out there in a small footprint IMO.

Free the Tone Tri Avatar Chorus
                      Eventide Micro Pitch could work beautifully as well.
                      Walrus Audio Julia
                      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

My first thought was any 'Dimension'-style chorus. Even a pitch shifter might work- detune a few cents, with no modulation.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                          Neunaber makes the best chorus out there in a small footprint IMO.

Free the Tone Tri Avatar Chorus
                          Eventide Micro Pitch could work beautifully as well.
                          Walrus Audio Julia
                          The amount of GAS is have for the Tri-Avatar and Flight Time is getting bad, and you’re not helping!
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

The amount of GAS is have for the Tri-Avatar and Flight Time is getting bad, and you’re not helping!
                            Pass the gas and just order them. You won't regret it.
                            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Get this - 7, count'em, 7 different models, each with 6 editable parameters:

You'll never need another. I mean, you'll get more. But only because you want them!

Between the TC, The Voodoo, and the Boss, one will work. Or one of the other four....EHX, Fulltone, Multi, etc.
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X